Landowner Authority?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by VERMONTSTER_0341, Sep 24, 2015.

1. VERMONTSTER_0341

VERMONTSTER_0341 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I know there are plenty of examples of hunter permission cards and forms out there but does anyone know of, or have one that states that the person also has the authority of the landowner, kind of like a caretaker? I was recently told by my landowner that I could make decisions on his property for him because I am there more than he is, especially during deer season. This mainly has to do with tresspassers on the land, who gets permission to be on the land in general, and just overall "peace keeping". I would like to have it in writing so that if the need were to arise I could show that, in fact, I do have the authority of the land owner. Any help on this would be great.

2. JasonL

JasonL Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Not sure. I'd think it would have to be a power of attorney type thing to do what your suggesting. Just something written up stating that and have it notarized might be enough. Not sure. Interesting problem to have I guess.

3. c e w

c e w Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Agree write it up so you both agree and it is all laid put what you can do. Just make sure to have it notarized.

4. Bone Head Hunter

Bone Head Hunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It would most definitely have to be a POA document.

Not likely any landowner would even consider that due to the broad rights you would have..

5. DriveTacks

DriveTacks Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    As you probably know, a trespasser has more rights in this state than a land owner. I would've surprised if a land owner can give you legal rights to make most of those decisions. However I know you can legally post someone's property in your name with the permission of the land owner. So if you had it legally posted, registered with the town and so on, you could probably do it.

6. 87TT

87TT Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    What you need is a letter of agency. It makes you the owner's agent and able to make decisions in the owner's absence. Like being a manager.

7. norseman112

norseman112 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If you have a lease agreement then that gives you legal control of the land or letter of Agency works to.

8. VERMONTSTER_0341

VERMONTSTER_0341 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for all the replies. It took me a while to research and figure out what I need but I believe what will best suit me is an authorization letter. It's similar to a power of attourney but written for a specific purpose rather than general. Hopefully I can get someting on paper that makes sense lol