Lancaster Archery & Trail Cameras

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Rob / PA, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Rob / PA

Rob / PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    So a buddy ordered a target from Lancaster Archery. It's so big it couldn't be shipped... (cheap) so we went down to pick it up. I've spent a lot of money through Lancaster Archery via the catalog and phoning it in or online but I've never visited the store. I'm glad I got the chance today but the thing is, I walked in with over $450 in my pocket plus my Cabela's credit card and I walked out with...... NADA, zero, nothing. I found nothing I needed and really wanted. My buddy spent $650, $400 being the target so I had a blast with him, spending his money for him.

Which leads to my trail cam question. I found a Cuddeback Attack IR on the shelf, $229 and I was going to buy it based on the "commercial" and some readings but when I asked the "sales staff" what he thought about it he said " I know nothing about it but I'll tell you I'd never use one". I asked why, " The formatting, they are constantly changing the formatting and having difficulty with loading on your PC"... okay, I never heard of that issue but it stopped me from buying one. He pushed the Bushnell "Bone Collector" mini camera and proceeded to show me a picture on his phone that he took of his computer screen of the picture from the camera.. Damn good photo of a photo so I'm not sure that shows me the quality of the camera, the computer screen or his phone... LOL

So, I walked out buying nothing.... What's a great, I repeat GREAT trail camera for the best bang?

2. gutone4me

gutone4me Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I too would shy away from Cruddeback. DLC Covert will have their 2012 models available this month they have a MP6 that is a sweet camera retails $149.99 but if your interested PM me and I can get you a deal :D

3. davidmil

davidmil Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Nothing??? You bought NOTHING? Dang, you're losing your touch.LOL I tell you, I know the world has gone trail cam crazy... but I just won't buy one. It's not the money.... it's just not hunting as I learned it. Sure you can stick some out like the TV show I watched the other day where they declared putting out 80-100 trail cams every year. You got to be kidding me. Of course it's one of these big TV outfitter shows that has mega bucks by the dozens in the fields they hunt over every night. Then they declare how all their scouting and thousands of dollars invested in food plots has paid off. And where do they hunt.... in a fixed unmoveable shooting tower on the edge of said food plots. As they scan the field you see a couple more towers around the field. Boy, that sure took a trail cam to figure out where to hunt. That's hunting like I'll never see either. But back to the point. I find far more satisfaction looking for food, trails, foot prints, rubs, scrapes and just figuring the terrain and then hanging a stand here or there and hunting and seeing what shows up. Finding out that where there might be something to shoot. And I want to be in the woods. I love big trees and the smell of fall.... not the smell of Biologic at several hundred dollars and acre. LOL

4. Schultzy

Schultzy Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    DLC Covert, Bushnell- Their both pretty much the same thing and good cams. Stay away from Cuddeback.

5. 2 Lunger

2 Lunger Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Bushnell is making the best camera for under $300 right now. Best bang for the buck....the Moultrie M80. I also agree staying away from Cuddieback cameras.

6. ultramax

ultramax Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    ltl acorn cams.

Attached Files:

7. Rob / PA

Rob / PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received: