KitchenAid with grinder attachment?

Discussion in 'Game Processing, Recipes & Cooking' started by WhiteMike, Dec 24, 2017.

1. WhiteMike

WhiteMike Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Had anybody used a kitchen aid to process game? How effiecent is it? In the market for a new grinder before next season but the wife got a kitchen aid for Christmas so considering just getting the grinder attachment. It's 325 watt so just under .5 HP

2. kenny10177

kenny10177 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    If you read the reviews on Amazon of the Kitchen Aid brand a lot of people complain about particles breaking off and contaminating the meat. I decided to get $150 cabelas brand grinder on sale. This is a photo off amazon. Just be carful what you decide. [​IMG]

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

3. Hogs need lovin too

Hogs need lovin too Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I don't have any other grinders to compare it to, but I haven't had problems with the kitchen aid yet. I have professional 600 (575 watts). I've only used it this season though for 32 lbs of venison and about 6 lbs of hog.

I'll bet a dedicated grinder would be faster, but the setup I have will be used for years since it works "good enough".

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

4. Hatfield Hunter

Hatfield Hunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    for occasional grinding it will be fine, for heavy use, IE group of guys sharing or ? it will now be very fast or hold up well ! If you shoot 1 or 2 deer a year go for it

5. Josh Reed

Josh Reed Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That's all I have used last 3 seasons. It's slower compared to regular grinder. I usually quarter up, then cut my roast, steaks, stew meat, ECT. Then I cut up chunk to grind. Usually about 2-3 hours I can cut and grind everything. I put mixer on speed #4 for grinding so not to burn engine out. Wife wouldn't be happy. It's worked fine for me so far, but I'm planning on up grading to regular grinder. I killed 3 last year, 2 year before, and 3 in 2015. So 8 deer and stood up so far

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

6. HOGSJL

HOGSJL Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Mine has three under it with pork loin mixed with it. It's a little slow but I don't have anything to compare it with. Price was right so it works for now.

7. IH122

IH122 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I used the attachment this past year for my doe and it worked amazing. I just took my time when I was grinding as to not over work the motor and burn it out. Im going to probably use it again this year as to just use what I have and it works amazing.