Killzone Maxx CoC

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by OakFlats273, Dec 31, 2015.

1. OakFlats273

OakFlats273 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Recently purchased the Killzone Maxx CoC broad heads. Anyone here shoot these? I would like to hear the good, bad, and the ugly. My set up is an Elite Energy 32, 68lb, 28" draw, app 400 gr arrow. Any one have a similar set up? Thank you in advance!

2. Riverduck11

Riverduck11 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Since there are no responses, I thought I would chime in. I have only shot the regular 2" CoC heads. I think the penetration is ok to good, not great. They do leave a huge hole (lots of entry only holes). I have recovered all deer since switching from a fixed blade and will be sticking with Killzone.

I would have to assume you are looking at bigger holes and even less pentration with the Maxx. While your bow is not way up there on the KE meter, I would think it is certainly enough.

If you watch Bow Hunt or Die, Todd Graff shoots that head with great results the last couple years with different bow set-ups.

3. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I shot them last year. They fly good if your bow is close to tuned. I have a 27 inch draw length so switched back to the standard kill zones. They will kill certainly but didn't fair well with bone contact for me.

4. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    With that setup and that large broadhead I wouldn't expect massive penetration on most shots, however it's certainly more than enough to get the job done cleanly. If you're looking for additional penetration I'd contemplate upping the arrow weight a bit. Some brass inserts would do wonders for you.

5. dtimm77

dtimm77 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This was a kill zone Maxx with Easton fmj at 27.5 in draw at 70 lbs. Punched through the first should and messed up the other side pretty good. Broke a couple ribs on the other side too. Made it 100 yards

Attached Files: