Keeping it simple

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by buckshank, Feb 4, 2016.

1. buckshank

buckshank Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I feel like the more things that come out to "help" your hunting experience be more productive it only makes things more unproductive. This year I seriously stripped down and had the best season I have ever or will ever have.

2. buckshank

Dislikes Received:
    I guess the question of this topic is what have you eliminated and/or added to your hunting gear to make things simple

3. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Agreed. We get caught up in the marketing side of this sport. Too many gadgets and gizmos that we perceive to be "necessary" My mentor at work always taught me the K.I.S.S. method. Keep It Simple, Stupid.

4. buckshank

Dislikes Received:
    I love to have nice stuff for sure but what I've found is most important is what you perceive i.e. Wind direction, weather, activity, and most importantly research of deer movement in your hunting area.

5. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I used to carry a big pack. I keep on "smart sizing" every year. I go through my pack at the end of the year and if I find something that I didn't use and really don't know why I'm carrying it other than it's cool, it stays home next year.

6. fox hollow 2

fox hollow 2 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have so much stuff in my bag, it probably looks like i'm going on a 2 week elk hunt, when i'm just spending a day in the whitetail woods. lol