Keeping it Reel video. (makes the bunny huggers cry)

Discussion in 'Illinois Bowfishers Club' started by Christine, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Christine

Christine Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Here Crick, this video made me think of you. This is how to kill big grassies. You just need an airboat, Lake Guntersville, genny/light set up and possibly a funky mask. :D

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=35a_1312753234

2. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    OH MAN, I would just like to have one night like that. MAN Fish that size just give me chills thinking about them :jaw: One day im gonna get a bigger boat, make platform and install proper lighting then maby I can get on Old Greg's waters and get me some real action. Thanks for posting
    The storm you guys were in in E-ville woke me up at 3:30 in the morn,,,I was thinking uh oh, I know some people who were getting wet!
    :rock:

3. Christine

Dislikes Received:
    There's a tourny at Shelbyville this weekend. :D You should come over.

I love the comments people were posting with that video.

Some people are trying out the new LED floodlights for bowfishing setups. They're pricey but light and draw very little juice. Like 27 watts compared to 500 watts. Then you could go with batteries instead of a genny. Something to think about.

The storms surrounded us for a good part of the night. Lightning was everywhere. Bigheads and silvers are sensitive to bright lights being shined on them and loud noises so I'm guessing that didn't help the bowfishing. The rain went around us, mostly. We put the rain gear on and stayed fairly dry.

We'll be back down there again. I imagine on a good night, that river would be awesome.

How big is your boat?

4. bloodcrick

Dislikes Received:
    It just never works out :( Overtime last weekend,, I work the weekend on regular schedule just once every 6th week, well guess what,,,its that sixth week :( Ill have to check out the comments on the vid, I missed that! Hey I dont need a mask as I look like that everyday anyway :lol: Ill need to check out those LED's also you mentioned. As for my boat :sheep: this is what im working with. I still need to get a small removable platform on it like bullseye did on his. I need something similar to jm's
    [​IMG]

5. Christine

Dislikes Received:
    I'm starting to take it personal. :( ;)

I guess your rig is a bit small to take out on the Ohio. We launched out of Mt. Vernon and I swear at least barge was trying to get us. :)

You ever go over to the Wabash?

6. bloodcrick

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah thats why I normally dont go to tourneys,,,No ride :cry: Dont take it personal Missy :poke: Its not like that :) Wabash?? Im sitting aprox 1/2 mile off it while I type this. The power plant I work at sites just off it. We use its water to keep out cooling lake full. I was at the lake fill pump 2 weeks ago (working :evilgrin:) Theres a slough beside it. I watched 2 bigheads swimming around! believe it or not, thats the first time I have seen one in person! I have never bowfished it,,again ride not big enough!!!

7. Christine

Dislikes Received:
    You need to find yourself a cheap 1860 or 1648 jon boat. Doesn't have to be pretty, just float. I think Jimbuck has a 1648, that's what I used to have too. 10-25 hp motor. Then you could start doing in all those carp in your area. Bigheads grow big where you are. Biggest taken at that tourny we were at was just under 50lbs. Not a monster, but a nice fish anyhow. Keep your smaller rig for the smaller waters. Bulzeye shot some 25lb bigheads with his 'green bobber' and said they pulled him around pretty good. :D

8. bloodcrick

Dislikes Received:
    Agreed, im not to picky, I can fix things up to make them look good :) I can build the deck complete with aluminum railing ( I can weld aluminum) I actually was asking some guys at work today to keep there eye out for a very cheap aluminum 16' and trailer!! There are some big fish here, the Ohio has quite the reputation for the big guys! Thanks for the info Christ'o ;) yer motivating the hell out of me! :rock: