Just received a wonderful gift

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Creepy21, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Creepy21

Creepy21 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So visited my best friend and got the most incredible birthday present ever. His father passed about 12-15 years ago and was an avid hunter, and Vietnam vet. Most of his hunting gear has been sitting dormant since my buddy does not hunt. Hearing that my son and I are picking up the bow hunting bug, he has passed his fathers old bow to me. To say that I am honored to be given this is more than underscoring it. They are my second family, we were both each other best man in our weddings, I consider him my brother. I completely blown away. I am going to attempt to get it back in good form and see if maybe this old bow can still hunt. It is a Bear Alaskan II, which from the little I can find was a pretty impressive bow in its day. I am humbled, and excited at the same time. Figured if anyone would enjoy this story, it may be the folks in here. Hopefully in a month or so I can pop in a pic with its next buck tag.

2. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome.

3. BikiBoki

BikiBoki Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That's a wonderful story...in a way, your friends father will live on through you. Enjoy!

4. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome man! I would be be honored too! Thanks for sharing!!