Just how good does Nose Jammer work?

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by w1ckstar, Aug 15, 2016.

1. w1ckstar

w1ckstar Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So last season I decided to purchase some Nose Jammer aerosol sprays. Throughout the season I had numerous deer come in downwind and I was never busted once! On the directions it's reads to spray on the bottom of your shoes and at the base of your tree before each hunt, so I did. Once the rut rolled around however I could not get a buck to come in to any of my deer scents, I could see the bucks in the distance and the wind was blowing right to them but they never acted like they smelt anything! Once a cruising buck even went right across my scent drag and he never batted an eye! Could the Nose Jammer be preventing them from smelling other deer scents?

2. kurveball18

kurveball18 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Heres the things I'm learning. To have the best odds at getting a more mature buck you have to be Scent free. I use to try and use all those different scents but never really had any luck with them and if I did see something they were typically does or young bucks. As of last year, I've given up all that crap and go in scent free and put myself in a good spot and be positive.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  3. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Don't waste money on any cover scent is as worthless as any store bought deer urine. Did you really think the nose jammer prevented a buck from smelling the drag scent you put out?

4. kurveball18

kurveball18 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I sometimes will buy a bottle of dead down wind to spray on boots but that's about it. I just don't get any of the deer urine stuff, doe in heat stuff, etc.

If your not after a mature deer and are happy with shooting a doe or a younger buck then the product I would try is Evercalm deer herd in a stick. When I tried it, I had so many younger deer come in it was unreal. As far as mature bucks though, I think they are just too smart. They don't get big being stupid.

5. montec

montec Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I had an experience with nose jammer last season. Followed the directions and was busted. I later turned on my Ozonics and had 6 deer downwind at different times and was not busted and those deer spent a considerable amount of time downwind. The deer that busted me with the nose jammer turned inside out as it ran away snorting.

6. sethf11

sethf11 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Evercalm is some awesome stuff. Had a younger buck come in downwind and scent whiff my direction a few times. Then came right into the evercalm. I love that stuff.

7. Hammer1171

Hammer1171 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've had limited success with Evercalm but I have a lot of confidence with Nosejammer. I have not had any issues with smaller bucks coming to it or mature bucks avoiding. I've had both come into range while using it.

8. JesseHunts

JesseHunts Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just got some NoseJammer and I haven't used it yet but I hope it works well I bought the smaller one just for trying it.

9. Tmpky

Tmpky Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Dead down wind is my spray and scent free of choice. I have used ever calm and i have had does and younger buck go by with out issue but i believe i would of had the same result with out it as well.

10. chieffan

chieffan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Using Nose Jammer for the first time this year. Have had 6 & 8 point bucks within 30 yds, as well as does. Cannot shoot bucks with a cross bow in Iowa. Had 5 does blind side me one morning not 10 yds away. I was standing next to a dead tree with some natural cover about. I would have to turn 180° to get to the does so I just stood there and watched the wonder walk by. Was only in the clear for a shot for a very short distance. I spray the sides of my boots, both pant legs and arms a quick shot before I walk in. Will have had 2 shot gun seasons when I go back with the crossbow so they may be a lot more spooky. I have had good results with Nose Jammer and will continue to use it.

11. hackattack

hackattack Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have had great luck with nosejammer, I can say I have not got winded while using nose jammer, i think they smell but I think they just cant figure out what it is, the problem is that a mature buck might ditch due to the smell that are not use to having in the area. But this stuff is great cover sent, but I will always believe that the best scent is no scent