Just got my first Crossbow, ready for some zombies now!

Discussion in 'Introductions - New User Forum' started by arkansasoutdoors, Feb 28, 2022.

?

Is using thermal imagery and a drone cheating?

Poll closed Mar 14, 2022.
  1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Damn Technology! -indifferent

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. arkansasoutdoors

arkansasoutdoors Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Ok, only kidding about the zombies but I am excited to finally start hunting again. I used to go every year since I was a kid until the owner of the land passed away when I was about 12. I'm 30 now and haven't gone hunting until now because of a mistake I had made in highschool leading to a felony charge, but that's in the past and that's a whole other conversation for later and I've learned from my mistake and now enjoy proactive things and decided I'd start building my hunting and outdoorsmanship skills instead. I don't know too much about tracking, techniques, and hunting but would love to learn! I'm in Central Arkansas! Here's a hunt I went on yesterday I ended up getting my truck stuck in a mud hole but I used a drone to help me scout, wanting to find some kind of thermal imagery for it. What do yall think? Is that interesting to anybody or is that just cheating lol

2. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Check your state laws i dont think we cant use them in illinois to scout. We also cannot have any thermal imaging equipment on our person while hunting deer. I toyed with the idea of a thermal monocular just to scan fields in the dark on entry and exit to avoid bumping deer. A little more research and i found that it wasnt allowed for deer hunting. I personally think its a neat idea (drone scouting) but yes, to me it takes the hard work out of it. Everyone decides if they have a line they wont cross and where that line lies. If not kept in check, technology will take all of the challenge and hard work out of hunting. Again just my opinion. As long as its legal and you dont get yourself into any more trouble then by all means. Im actually looking at going the opposite direction and getting a recurve. To each their own.

Respect also, for turning your life around and pursuing an enriching hobby that will keep you out of trouble (if you adhere to all the game laws). I too was a wild child and almost got in a bunch of trouble as a teen and in my early 20’s. Coming back to hunting and fishing helped keep me straight.