Just got Married and she is the best. She is letting me hunt on the honeymoon.

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Keith Mako, Oct 14, 2014.

1. montec

montec Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on the wedding. Wives that don't put a leash on you in regards to hunting are great but.....WHAT ARE YOU THINKING GETTING MARRIED IN OCTOBER???????

2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    My wife and I have always had shared interests and self interests, we both feel that time spent apart or activities apart are not detrimental at all and make our relationship better. Couple of years ago I was on a fire detail for 14 days, she was heading out west trail riding a day or two before I got home. She would never expect me to not go on a fire detail nor would I expect her to reschedule her trail ride, sure we missed each other but it wasn't something that was detrimental. Like I said we have been married for 23 years and having different interests is not a bad thing at all. Like I said what works for some relationships does not work for others. If the guy wants to hunt on his honeymoon and his new wife is ok with it is nobodies business, for anyone to lecture him otherwise is trying to apply there standards to other people. My wife has told me that she enjoys here alone time when I hunt, or even when I travel for business.

3. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I had a three week window for a wedding. It had to go between racing season (ends first weekend of September) and archery season (first weekend of October). Everyone is different. Even if I didn't hunt - I wouldn't have said "no you can't hunt". Some of us just aren't like that. If he wants to do it - go. If I want to do something - I go. No big deal. If we want to share that time together, then we go with each other. Each person needs their own time. If it works for them to go on a honeymoon trip and seperate for some time - great! My honeymoon was a get away from life for two weeks. It was nice to just breathe and relax! My hubby and I were together five years before we got married - we had plenty of time together. It wasn't like our trip was our first "alone time".

So again, congratulations on the wedding. Where are you going?

4. Pitman

Pitman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    First off congrats on getting hitched! My wife and I just got married on the 10th.. no honeymoon but she got off 5 days for the wedding. I hunted the 2 days before and the 2 days after our wedding. Would I have went hunting if it was our honeymoon? Probably not, but hey a lot of people may not have went the days I went either. Different strokes... if it works for you both, more power to ya brother! Congrats again man, may you have many many happy years together!

5. 130Woodman

130Woodman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrat's on the wedding but why set a wedding date in the middle of hunting season? For me possibly being gone for every anniversary was not an option. You had 9 other months why October?

6. LI Bowhunter

LI Bowhunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have always struggled with leaving my family to go hunt or fish, and my wife never complains but when push comes to shove i always pick family first. You can never get back the time you lose with your family. Deer will always be there, and if not, so what. A persons family is #1, they will always be with you. Just my opinion.

7. Ryguy3684

Ryguy3684 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My thoughts exactly, I got married in August. Too hot to fish, well before hunting season. Lol.

8. Ryguy3684

Ryguy3684 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Everyone ease up on the guy. Maybe she wants some alone time to think about what she just did. :D. Happy hunting

9. Wiscohunter

Wiscohunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I was hunting on my honeymoon too. Let's just say it was for deer.

10. ultramax

ultramax Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Who gets married during hunting season...... That's is messed up

11. OK/Sooner

OK/Sooner Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    This! Honeymoon and deer hunting? No thanks.

12. Chago

Chago Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Does she read this forum? Lol cause why else would you post that ? Lmao.

I love it. Next years it's gonna be, this b$&@$ is riding my *** about everything lol

Congrats on the wedding. One comedian made a great joke. He said wouldn't it be so much easier just to be gay? Lol you wouldn't fight about what you said or how you said it. All your fights would be , hey ***$&@$ next time you take the last beer refill the fridge. Now hurry up and come down so we can play some xbox lol.

13. Muzzy Man

Muzzy Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    “Just because you can, it doesn’t mean you should.”
    - from the movie, “Jurassic Park”

14. Wonoma

Wonoma Newb

Dislikes Received:
    She is a keeper

15. gri22ly

gri22ly Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Don't let this bunch get you down, I think that's great...big congrats man!!

When my wife and I married, I hunted that day and the next few day's afterwards...we didn't have a honeymoon.

Hell, we took trips to Spain, Egypt, and a dozen other places around the world and US before we ever got married...so WE didn't think going anyplace for our honeymoon was a big deal.

16. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Do what makes you both happy.

17. InTheWoods

InTheWoods Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Amen. If you went to Hawaii for instance, why wouldn't you hunt island deer for a couple of days? I keep kicking myself for not doing that when we were on Maui, even though they were fenced in on thousands of acres. Married life is all about compromise. Point in case, I went to San Francisco with my wife for our 10th anniversary for a week, stayed in a cool "row house" bed and breakfast and did all sorts of stuff she wanted to do - and liked a lot of it - and for the last night for our anniversary dinner, she suggested we go to a raucus German restaurant where you sit at picnic tables and drink lots of beer and I had venison medallions with plum cherry sauce and spatzle and red cabbage. Because she knew I wanted to do that. She encourages me to hunt, even when its inconvenient for her because she knows that the rest of the year, I'll watch the kids while she goes shopping or goes out with the girls, even if its not exactly convenient for me. Have fun and enjoy your new life together.

18. AshAid

AshAid Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Trust me all is loving now but take it from a guy who has been married for almost 20yrs now. Sometimes when a women says go ahead and go do this or that and yeah it's no biggie. What their saying and doing is testing you and seeing if you actually will/would... It might be she's just saying go hunting but actually doesn't want you too...Lol have fun hunting on your honeymoon lol

19. ngabowhunter

ngabowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I did not get married til I was 22, And we had been together since high school, I am 54 now. we got married in oct. and she new I would be going hunting. We always went when we wanted too and she loves to bass fish. It was just no big deal to us. Hunting season is just 2 1/2 months a year. we have been married 33 years and are very happy with 1 daughter and 3 grandchildren. lifes good/hunthard

Congrats to you and your wife

20. MichiHunter

MichiHunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    [video=youtube_share;Kp3XsQN8zWg]http://youtu.be/Kp3XsQN8zWg[/video]