Just a thought

Discussion in 'Bowhunt or Die® - Web Show' started by Berwickbuckmaster, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Berwickbuckmaster

Berwickbuckmaster Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    First off, I love Bowhunt or Die. I think you guys do a fantastic job of presenting real life, every day bowhunting. That's probably my favorite thing about it.

I'm about 3/4 of the way through Season 9, and I've seen just about every shot angle/placement/and result a bowhunter can expect when in the field. You guys do a very good job of explaining the moment of truth and being very transparent and honest about shots you take. I respect that.

I had a thought though, something I don't think I've seen on this show, or any show for that matter. I don't know it is practical, or can be done... but if it can I'm pretty sure your crew can do it.

You already have adapted to sending a lighted path following the arrow in flight in most of your replays of your shots. Have you ever considered having an animated graphic of a deer, it's angle at the shot, the entrance and exit path of the arrow to fully display anatomy and lethal-ness?

I notice a lot of you process your own deer, and even when field dressing it's usually pretty easy to tell what your arrow did from entrance to exit. Like when Clinton shot his buck, he hit it forward. I wasn't really sure how that hit was as lethal as it was, I have since assumed he clipped the heart in front of the front leg. But it would be cool to see that graphic and know for sure how the arrow entered, how the leg was positioned and what exactly it hit inside the deer..
    I think this would be something that would really help/educate young or beginner bowhunters when they watch your show, and maybe even make them think twice about taking that hard quartering to or less than ideal shot..

Just my two cents, I thought it was a cool idea.

Lee Koehn likes this.
  2. CToutdoorsman

CToutdoorsman Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I like this idea! I remember having the shot simulator app on my phone and I could replicate angles and it would show the lethality and how long I should wait, I think that would be neat to see on the show!

Lee Koehn likes this.