Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Joke of the day.

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by grnhd, Apr 19, 2014.

1. The Old Man

The Old Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Two old boys got together to do some fishing. One of them brought along a jar of 'shine' to sip on while they were fishing. After an hour or so it had gotten hot and the minnows were moving pretty slow in the bucket so one of them drizzled a little 'shine' into the minnow bucket and they perked right up. So he re-baited his hook, did a quick dip with the minnow in the 'shine' and cast it out on the water. The bait had barely settled when the line started to sing off the reel. He pulled up on the pole, got the fish turned around and started reeling it in. It was pull up on the pole and crank in the slack. Pull and crank, pull and crank and the fish finally came along side the boat. It was a 30 in pike and the minnow had it right by the jaw.

2. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    I've see this one before but still laugh out loud when I read it. I hope you will as well.

Witness Interviews Gone Bad:

Here are some actual exchanges between lawyers and witnesses in the court room. Perhaps they ain't so bright after all.

1. "Now doctor, isn't it true that when a person dies in his sleep, he doesn't know about it until the next morning?"

2. "The youngest son, the twenty-year old, how old is he?"

3. "Were you present when your picture was taken?"

4. Q: "Doctor, before you performed the autopsy, did you check for a pulse?" A: "No." Q: "Did you check for blood pressure?" A: "No." Q: "Did you check for breathing?" A: "No." Q: "So, then it is possible that the patient was alive when you began the autopsy?" A: "No." Q: "How can you be so sure, Doctor?" A: "Because his brain was sitting on my desk in a jar." Q: "But could the patient have still been alive nevertheless?" A: "It is possible that he could have been alive and practicing law somewhere."

5. "Was it you or your younger brother who was killed in the war?"

6. "Did he kill you?"

7. "How far apart were the vehicles at the time of the collision?"

8. "You were there until the time you left, is that true?"

9. "How many times have you committed suicide?"

10. Q: "So the date of conception (of the baby) was August 8th?" A: "Yes." Q: "And what were you doing at that time?"

11. Q: "She had three children, right?" A: "Yes." Q: "How many were boys?" A: "None." Q: "Were there any girls?"

12. Q: "You say the stairs went down to the basement?" A: "Yes." Q: "And these stairs, did they go up also?"

13. Q: "Mr. Slatery, you went on a rather elaborate honeymoon, didn't you?" A: "I went to Europe, Sir." Q: "And you took your new wife?"

14. Q: "How was your first marriage terminated?" A: "By death." Q: "And by who's death was it terminated?"

15. Q: "Can you describe the individual?" A: "He was about medium height and had a beard." Q: "Was this a male, or a female?"

16. Q: "Is your appearance here this morning pursuant to a deposition notice which I sent to your attorney?" A: "No, this is how I dress when I go to work."

17. Q: "Doctor, how many autopsies have you performed on dead people?" A: "All my autopsies are performed on dead people."

18. Q: "All your responses must be oral, OK? What school did you go to?" A: "Oral."

19. Q: "Do you recall the time that you examined the body?" A: "The autopsy started around 8:30 p.m.." Q: "And Mr. Dennington was dead at the time?" A: "No, he was sitting on the table wondering why I was doing an autopsy."

20. Q: "Are you qualified to give a urine sample?" A: "I have been since early childhood

3. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    A cowboy sitting in a saloon one Saturday night, recognized an elderly man standing at the bar who, in his day, had the reputation of being the fastest gun in the West. The cowboy went over to the old man, and asked him for some tips on being a better gunfighter.

The old man looked him up and down and said, ‘Well, for one thing, you’re wearing your gun too high. Tie the holster a little lower down on your leg.’

‘Will that make me a better gunfighter?’ asked the young man.

‘Sure will,’ replied the old-timer.

The young man did as he was told, stood up, whipped out his .44 and shot the bow tie off the piano player. ‘That’s terrific!’ said the hot shot. ‘Got any more tips for me?’

‘Yep,’ said the old man. ‘Cut a notch out of your holster where the hammer hits it. That’ll give you a smoother draw’.

‘Will that make me a better gunfighter?’ asked the younger man.

‘You bet it will, ‘ said the old-timer.

The young man took out his knife, cut the notch, stood up, drew his gun in a blur, and then shot a cuff-link off the piano player.

‘Wow!’ exclaimed the cowboy ‘I’m learnin’ somethin’ here. Got any more tips?’

The old man pointed to a large can in a corner. ‘See that can of axle grease over there? Coat your gun with it.’

The young man went over to the can and smeared some of the grease on the barrel of his gun.

‘No,’ said the old-timer, ‘I mean smear it all over the gun, handle and all.

‘Will that make me a better gunfighter?’ asked the young man.

‘No,’ said the old-timer, ‘but when Wyatt Earp there gets done playing the piano, he’s gonna shove that gun up your a**, and, what with all that grease, it won’t hurt near as much.’

4. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    A guy comes home completely drunk one night. He lurches through the door and is met by his scowling wife, who is most definitely not happy. "Where the hell have you been all night?" she demands. "At this fantastic new bar," he says. "The Golden Saloon. Everything there is golden. It's got huge golden doors, a golden floor, the works - hell, even the urinal's gold!" The wife still doesn't believe his story, and the next day checks the phone book, finding a place across town called the Golden Saloon. She calls up the place to check her husband's story. "Is this the Golden Saloon?" she asks when the bartender answers the phone. "Yes it is," bartender answers. "Do you have huge golden doors?" "Sure do." "Do you have golden floors?" "Most certainly do." "What about golden urinals?" There's a long pause, then the woman hears the bartender yelling, "Hey, Duke, I think I got a lead on the guy that peed in your saxophone last night!

5. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    A girl was visiting her blonde friend, who had acquired two new dogs, and asked her what their names were.

The blonde responded by saying that one was named Rolex and one was named Timex.

Her friend said, 'Whoever heard of someone naming dogs like that?'

'HELLLOOOOOOO......,' answered the blonde. 'They're watch dogs'!

6. Garet

Garet Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    A guy drives into a ditch, but luckily, a farmer is there to help. He hitches his horse, Buddy, up to the car and yells, "Pull, Nellie, pull!" Buddy doesn’t move.
    "Pull, Buster, pull!" Buddy doesn’t budge.
    "Pull, Coco, pull!" Nothing.
    Then the farmer says, "Pull, Buddy, pull!" And the horse drags the car out of the ditch.
    Curious, the motorist asks the farmer why he kept calling his horse by the wrong name. "Buddy’s blind," said the farmer. "And if he thought he was the only one pulling, he wouldn’t even try."

7. Garet

Garet Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    A Nobel Prize winning mathematician is traveling from university to university on a speaking tour by limousine. After several engagements the mathematician and his driver are having dinner and the driver says "I've heard your speech so many times I think I could give it word-for-word." The mathematician accepts the challenge and they switch places for the next speech; the driver dresses like the professor and the professor dresses as the driver and sits in the back of the auditorium.
    The driver gives the speech flawlessly and opens up the floor for question, usually there are none. But one of the students at the university has a very large ego and decides to attempt to stump the Nobel Prize winner. After the student asks his question for ten straight minutes the driver laughs and says "That question is so simple I'll let my driver in the back answer it."

8. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    A fisherman returned to shore with a giant marlin that was bigger and heavier than he. On the way to the cleaning shed, he ran into a second fisherman who had a stringer with a dozen baby minnows. The second fisherman looked at the marlin, turned to the first fisherman and said, " Only caught one, eh?"

9. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    My neighbor….

She's single
    She's shapely
    She's beautiful and she lives right across the street.
    I can see her place from my kitchen window.

I watched as she got home from work this evening.

I was surprised when she walked across the street, up my driveway and knocked on the door.

I opened the door, she looked at me and said, "I just got home, and I have this strong urge to have a good time, dance, get drunk, and have sex tonight. Are you doing anything?"

I quickly replied, "Nope, I'm free!"

"Great," she said. "Can you watch my dog?"

Being a senior citizen really sucks!

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  10. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    I will seek and find You . . I shall take you to bed and have my way with you.

I will make you ache, shake & sweat until you moan & groan.

I will make you beg for mercy, beg for me to stop.

I will exhaust you to the point that you will be relieved when I'm finished with you.

And, when I am finished, you will be weak for days.

All my love,

The Flu

Now, get your mind out of the gutter and Go get your flu shot!

11. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It is kinda depressing when you go to the Dr and they say at your age you need to get a flu shot.

12. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    Are you a senior citizen too?

13. Garet

Garet Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    There once was a farmer with 3 daughters who were all going on their first date at the same time.
    The farmer, being protective over his daughters, decided to meet their dates at the door with his shotgun.The doorbell rang, and the farmer answered the door.
    He was met with a boy, who said:
    "Hi! My name's Joe.
    I'm here for Flo.
    We're going to the show.
    Is she ready to go?"
    The farmer looked him over and sent the kids on their way.
    The next boy arrived:
    "My name's Eddy,
    I'm here for Betty.
    We're gonna get some spaghetti.
    Is she ready?"
    The farmer felt that this one was okey too, so he sent them on their way.
    The final date arrived, the farmer opened the door:
    "Hi, my name is Chuck."
    And the farmer shot him.

14. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I am 50 I consider it a young 50 but the medical field wants to start sticking all kinds of stuff in you when you turn 50

15. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Maria, a maid, asks her boss for a raise.

Her boss is annoyed and asks, "Now, Maria, why do you think you deserve a raise?"
    Maria: 'Well, Señora, there are three reasons why I want an raise. First, I iron better than you.'
    Wife: 'Who said you iron better than me?'
    Maria: 'Your husband said so.'
    Wife: 'Oh.'
    Maria: 'The second reason is that I am a better cook than you.'
    Wife: 'Nonsense, who said you were a better cook than me?'
    Maria: 'Your husband did.'
    Wife: 'Oh.'
    Maria: 'My third reason is that I am a better lover than you..'
    The wife is obviously upset: 'Did my husband say that ?'
    Maria: 'No, Señora, the gardener did.'
    Wife: 'So, how much do you want?'

16. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    Heck, you're just a young pup yet. You cant even get an AARP card yet, can you?

17. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Oh yeah that showed up in the mail the day after my 50th birthday.

18. Garet

Garet Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    A husband and wife were having dinner at a very fine restaurant when this absolutely stunning young woman comes over to their table, gives the husband a big french kiss, then says she'll see him later and walks away.
    The wife glares at her husband and says, "Who the hell was that?"
    "Oh," replies the husband, "she's my mistress."
    "Well, that's the last straw," says the wife. "I've had enough. I want a divorce!"
    I can understand that," replies her husband, "but remember, if we get a divorce it will mean no more shopping trips to Paris, no more wintering in Barbados, no more summers in Tuscany, no more Infiniti or Lexus in the garage and no more yacht club. But the decision is yours."
    Just then, a mutual friend enters the restaurant with a gorgeous babe on his arm.
    "Who's that woman with Jim?" asks the wife.
    "That's his mistress," says her husband.
    "Ours is prettier," she replies.

19. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    As migration approached, two elderly vultures doubted they could make the trip south, so they decided to go by airplane.

When they checked their baggage, the attendant noticed that they were carrying two dead raccoons. "Do you wish to check the raccoons through as luggage?" she asked.

"No, thanks," replied the vultures. "They're carrion."

20. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    The laws of golf

LAW 1: No matter how bad your last shot was, the worst is yet to come. This law does not expire on the 18th hole, since it has the supernatural tendency to extend over the course of a tournament, a summer and, eventually, a lifetime.

LAW 2: Your best round of golf will be followed almost immediately by your worst round ever. The probability of the latter increases with the number of people you tell about the former.

LAW 3: Brand new golf balls are water-magnetic. Though this cannot be proven in the lab, it is a known fact that the more expensive the golf ball, the greater its attraction to water.

LAW 4: Golf balls never bounce off of trees back into play. If one does, the tree is breaking a law of the universe and should be cut down.

LAW 5: No matter what causes a golfer to muff a shot, all his playing partners must solemnly chant "You looked up," or invoke the wrath of the universe.

LAW 6: The higher a golfer's handicap, the more qualified he deems himself as an instructor.

LAW 7: Every par-three hole in the world has a secret desire to humiliate golfers. The shorter the hole, the greater its desire.

LAW 8: Topping a 3-iron is the most painful torture known to man.

LAW 9: Palm trees eat golf balls.

LAW 10: Sand is alive. If it isn't, how do you explain the way it works against you?

LAW 11: Golf carts always run out of juice at the farthest point from the clubhouse.

LAW 12: A golfer hitting into your group will always be bigger than anyone in your group. Likewise, a group you accidentally hit into will consist of a football player, a professional wrestler, a convicted murderer and an IRS agent -- or some similar combination.

LAW 13: All 3-woods are demon-possessed.

LAW 14: Golf balls from the same "sleeve" tend to follow one another, particularly out of bounds or into the water (See Law three).

LAW 15: A severe slice is a thing of awesome power and beauty.

LAW 16: "Nice lag" can usually be translated to "lousy putt." Similarly, "tough break" can usually be translated "way to miss an easy one, sucker."

LAW 17: The person you would most hate to lose to will always be the one who beats you.

LAW 18: The last three holes of a round will automatically adjust your score to what it really should be.

LAW 19: Golf should be given up at least twice per month.

LAW 20: All vows taken on a golf course shall be valid only until the sunset.