Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Joke of the day.

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by grnhd, Apr 19, 2014.

1. The Old Man

The Old Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    A few minutes before the church services started, the congregation was sitting in their pews and talking. Suddenly, Satan appeared at the front of the church.

Everyone started screaming and running for the back entrance, trampling each other in a frantic effort to get away from evil incarnate. Soon the church was empty except for one elderly gentleman who sat calmly in his pew without moving, seemingly oblivious to the fact that God's ultimate enemy was in his presence.

So Satan walked up to the man and said, 'Do you know who I am?'

The man replied, 'Yep, sure do.'

Aren't you afraid of me?' Satan asked.

'Nope, sure ain't.' said the man.

Don't you realize I can kill you with one word?' asked Satan.

Don't doubt it for a minute, ' returned the old man, in an even tone.

'Did you know that I can cause you profound, horrifying agony for all eternity?' persisted Satan.

'Yep,' was the calm reply.

'And you're still not afraid?' asked Satan.

'Nope,' said the old man.

More than a little perturbed, Satan asked, ' Why aren't you afraid of me?'

The man calmly replied, 'Been married to your sister for 48 years.'

2. Me53

Me53 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    A man died and went to Heaven. As he stood in front of the Pearly Gates, he saw a huge wall of clocks behind him. He asked, "What are all those clocks?"

St. Peter answered, "Those are Lie-Clocks. Everyone on earth has a Lie-Clock. Every time you lie the hands on your clock move."

"Oh", said the man. "Whose clock is that?
    "That's Mother Teresa's", replied St. Peter. "The hands have never moved, indicating that she never told a lie."

"Incredible", said the man. "And whose clock is that one?"

St. Peter responded, "That's Abraham Lincoln's clock. The hands have moved twice, telling us that Abraham told only two lies in his entire life."

"Where's Hillary's clock?" asked the man.

"Hillary's clock is in Jesus' office. He's using it as a ceiling fan."

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  3. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  4. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    OH MY GOD!! This is scary!

[​IMG]

5. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    What will happen if he gets 4 to 8 years wandering around in the Whitehouse with nothing to do??

6. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Why do scuba divers fall backwards off of the boat?

Because if they fell forward, they'd still be in the boat.

7. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  8. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Bert feared his wife Peg wasn't hearing as well as she used to and he thought she might need a hearing aid.
    Not quite sure how to approach her, he called the family Doctor to discuss the problem.

The Doctor told him there is a simple informal test the husband could perform to give the Doctor a better idea about her hearing loss.
    'Here's what you do,' said the Doctor, 'stand about 40 feet away from her, and in a normal conversational speaking tone see if she hears you.
    If not, go to 30 feet, then 20 feet, and so on until you get a response.'

That evening, the wife is in the kitchen cooking dinner, and he was In the den.
    He says to himself, 'I'm about 40 feet away, let's see what happens.

Then in a normal tone he asks, 'Honey, what's for dinner?' No response.
    So the husband moves closer to the kitchen, about 30 feet from his wife and repeats, 'Peg, what's for dinner? Still no response.
    Next he moves into the dining room where he is about 20 feet from his Wife and asks, 'Honey, what's for dinner?' Again he gets no response.
    So, he walks up to the kitchen door, about 10 feet away. 'Honey, what's for dinner?' Again there is no response.
    So now he walks right up behind her. 'Peg, what's for dinner?'

'For Heaven's sake, Bert, for the FIFTH time, CHICKEN!'

9. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I like Tacos

10. BikiBoki

BikiBoki Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    wl704,
    RE: Bert & Peg
    Been there, done that...same result:o.
    Thanks for the laugh

11. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    A distraught senior citizen phoned her doctor's office. 'Is it true,' she wanted to know, 'that the medication you prescribed has to be taken for the rest of my life?'

'Yes, I'm afraid so,' the doctor told her.

There was a moment of silence before the senior lady replied, 'I'm wondering, then, just how serious is my condition because this prescription is marked 'NO REFILLS'.'

12. MnHunterr

Dislikes Received:
    One day Canada will take over the world.

Then we'll all be sorry.

13. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    Fishermen Killed

Many years ago, a fisherman's wife blessed her husband with twin sons. They loved the children very much, but couldn't think of what to name their children. Finally, after several days, the fisherman said, "Let's not decide on names right now. If we wait a little while, the names will simply occur to us."

After several weeks had passed, the fisherman and his wife noticed a peculiar fact. When left alone, one of the boys would also turn towards the sea, while the other boy would face inland. It didn't matter which way the parents positioned the children, the same child always faced the same direction. "Let's call the boys Towards and Away," suggested the fisherman. His wife agreed, and from that point on, the boys were simply known as Towards and Away.

The years passed and the lads grew tall and strong. The day came when the aging fisherman said to his sons, "Boys, it is time that learned how to make a living from the sea." They provisioned their ship, said their goodbyes, and set sail for a three month voyage.

The three months passed quickly for the fisherman's wife, yet the ship had not returned. Another three months passed, and still no ship. Three whole years passed before the greiving woman saw a lone man walking towards her house. She recognized him as her husband. "My goodness! What has happened to my darling boys?" she cried.

The ragged fisherman began to tell his story: "We were just barely one whole day out to see when Towards hooked into a great fish. Towards fought long and hard, but the fish was more than his equal. For a whole week they wrestled upon the waves without either of them letting up. Yet eventually the great fish started to win the battle, and Towards was pulled over the side of our ship. He was swallowed whole, and we never saw either of them again."

"Oh dear, that must have been terrible! What a huge fish that must of been!"

"Yes, it was, but you should have seen the one that got Away...."

14. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    I'm so angry right now !!!

I had to leave the house pick up a few things. I run my errand and I get back to my house to find 3 police cars and 6 or 7 cops in my home. The front door had been knocked off the hinges, stuff everywhere, and apparently they were looking for something.

So I'm stuck outside with this damn cop and they are inside searching through all my ****. They checked inside my closets under my mattress. They tore my things apart. So, as you can imagine, I'm getting upset, and I'm trying figure out what's going on.
    I asked if they had a search warrant, and if I could see it. The cop in my bedroom yells, "Where did you hide it at? We know it's here! We are searching."

Then I yell back, "If I had an idea of what you're looking for sir, maybe I could help!" He shouts at me the "you wanna go to jail?” thing so I shut up and watch.

Finally, one of the other police officers look down at his phone and he shouts, "Guys Stop! Hold on. We're in the wrong house! The Pokémon is next door!"

15. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    The heaviest element known to science is Managerium.

This element has no protons or electrons, but has a nucleus composed of 1 neutron, 2 vice-neutrons, 5 junior vice-neutrons, 25 assistant vice-neutrons, and 125 junior assistant vice-neutrons all going round in circles.

Managerium has a half-life of three years, at which time it does not decay but institutes a series of reviews leading to reorganization.

Its molecules are held together by means of the exchange of tiny particles known as morons.

16. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    A judge was interviewing a woman regarding her pending divorce, and asked, "What are the grounds for your divorce?"

She replied, "About four acres and a nice little home in the middle of the property with a stream running by."

"No," he said, "I mean what is the foundation of this case?"

"It is made of concrete, brick and mortar," she responded.

"I mean," he continued, "What are your relations like?"

"I have an aunt and uncle living here in town, and so do my husband's parents."

He said, "Do you have a real grudge?"

"No," she replied, "We have a two-car carport and have never really needed one."

"Please," he tried again, "is there any infidelity in your marriage?"

"Yes, both my son and daughter have stereo sets. We don't necessarily like the music, but the answer to your questions is yes."

"Ma'am, does your husband ever beat you up?"

"Yes," she responded, "about twice a week he gets up earlier than I do."

Finally, in frustration, the judge asked, "Lady, why do you want a divorce?"

"Oh, I don't want a divorce," she replied. "I've never wanted a divorce. My husband does. He said he can't communicate with me!"

17. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    On the first day, God created the dog and said, sit all day by the door of your house and bark at anyone who comes in or walks past. For this I will give you a life span of twenty years

The dog said, "That's a long time to be barking. How about only ten years and I'll give you back the other ten?"

And God said that it was good.

On the second day, God created the monkey and said, "Entertain people, do tricks, and make them laugh.. For this, I'll give you a twenty-year life span."

The monkey said, "Monkey tricks for twenty years? That's a pretty long time to perform. How about I give you back ten like the dog did?"

And God again said that it was good.

On the third day, God created the cow and said, "You must go into the field with the farmer all day long and suffer under the sun, have calves and give milk to support the farmer's family. For this, I will give you a life span of sixty years."

The cow said, "That's kind of a tough life you want me to live for sixty years. How about twenty and I'll give back the other forty?"

And God agreed it was good.

On the fourth day, God created humans and said, "Eat, sleep, play, marry and enjoy your life. For this, I'll give you twenty years."

But the human said, "Only twenty years? Could you possibly give me my twenty, the forty the cow gave back, the ten the monkey gave back, and the ten the dog gave back; that makes eighty, okay?"

"Okay," said God, "You asked for it."

So that is why for our first twenty years, we eat, sleep, play and enjoy ourselves. For the next forty years, we slave in the sun to support our family. For the next ten years, we do monkey tricks to entertain the grandchildren. And for the last ten years, we sit on the front porch and bark at everyone.

Life has now been explained to you.

There is no need to thank me for this valuable information. I'm doing it as a public service. If you are looking for me I will be on the front porch.

18. grnhd

grnhd Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    A man went to his lawyer and told him, ‘My neighbour owes me $500 and he won’t pay up. What should I do?’
    ‘Do you have any proof he owes you the money?’ asked the lawyer.*
    ‘Nope,’ replied the man.*
    ‘OK, then write him a letter asking him for the $1,000 he owed you,’ said the lawyer.
    ‘But it’s only $500,’ replied the man.*
    ‘Precisely. That’s what he will reply and then you’ll have your Proof!’

19. MnHunterr

Dislikes Received:
    My town's population never changes... Every time a girl gets pregnant, a guy leaves town.

20. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Nice low twin births than I take it? Or are those the ones where they don't know the father and multiple fellas leave?