Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Joke of the day.

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by grnhd, Apr 19, 2014.

1. grnhd

grnhd Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    A guy walks into a bar with his pet monkey.

He orders a drink and while he's drinking, the monkey jumps all around the place. The monkey grabs some olives off the bar and eats them. Then he grabs some sliced limes and eats them. He then jumps onto the pool table and grabs the cue ball.

To everyone's amazement, he sticks the ball in his mouth, and somehow swallows it whole. The bartender screams at the guy, "Did you see what your' monkey just did?"

"No, what?"

"He just ate the cue ball off my pool table... whole!"

"Yeah, that doesn't surprise me," replied the guy, "he eats everything in sight. Sorry! I'll pay for the cue ball and stuff."

The guy finishes his drink, pays his bill, pays for the stuff the monkey ate and leaves.

Two weeks later the guy is in the bar again, and has his monkey with him.

He orders a drink and the monkey starts running around the bar again. While the man is finishing his drink, the monkey finds a maraschino cherry on the bar. He grabs it, sticks it up his arse, pulls it out, and eats it.

Then the monkey finds a peanut, and again sticks it up his arse, pulls it out, and eats it.

The bartender is disgusted. "Did you see what your monkey did just now?"

"No, what?" replied the man.

"Well, he stuck both a maraschino cherry and a peanut up his arse, pulled them out, and ate them!"

"Yeah, that doesn't surprise me. He's not as daft as he looks you know.," replied the guy. "He still eats everything in sight, but ever since he had to **** that cue ball out, he measures everything first now."

2. grnhd

grnhd Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    A man wakes up one morning to find a bear on his roof. So he looks in the yellow pages and sure enough, theres an ad for Bear Removers. He calls the number, and the bear remover says hell be over in 30 minutes. The bear remover arrives and gets out of his van. Hes got a ladder, a baseball bat, a shotgun and a mean old pit bull.

"What are you going to do?" the bewildered homeowner asks.

"Im going to put this ladder up against the roof, then Im going to go up there and knock the bear off the roof with this baseball bat. When the bear falls off, the pit bull is trained to grab his testicles and not let go. The bear will then be subdued enough for me to put him in the cage in the back of the van."

"Huh," the homeowner says. "But whats the shotgun for?"

"Well," the professional says as hands the shotgun to the homeowner, "if the bear knocks me off the roof, you shoot the dog," he said.

3. The Old Man

The Old Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    A mother and her very young son were flying Southwest Airlines from Kansas City to Chicago. The little boy (who had been looking out the window) turned to his mother and asked, "If big dogs have baby dogs, and big cats have baby cats, why don't big airplanes have baby airplanes?"

The mother (who couldn't think of an answer) told her son to ask the stewardess.

So the boy went down the aisle and asked the stewardess. The stewardess, who was very busy at the time, smiled and said, "Did your Mom tell you to ask me?"

The boy said, "yes she did."

"Well, then, you go and tell your mother that there are no baby airplanes because Southwest always pulls out on time. Have your Mom explain that to you."

4. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    A golf story.

A young man walks into his local church, enters the confessional, kneels down and says "Bless me father for I have sinned."

"I said the 'F' word".

"Well my son" says the priest, "it happens, tell me about it, where were you"?

The young man responds "on the golf course".

"Ah, I understand, I play the game myself, it's very frustrating. What happened?"

"Well Father, I was on a crowded 1st tee when I sliced the ball into the woods."

"Of course, that's when you said it!"

"No Father, I actually found my ball and was able to punch it out into the middle of the fairway."

Really?! Then what happened?"

"Well, Father, I picked my seven iron, and hit a perfect 150 yard shot right down the middle."

"Unfortunately, on the last roll it fell into the trap."

"Wow, is that when you said it?"

"No, actually Father, I got my trusty sand wedge and popped a beautiful shot in the air hit the flag and dropped it 18" from the cup."

"Don't tell me you missed the F****** putt"!?

5. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    A man decided to go on a safari. He took his faithful dog along for company. One day the dog starts chasing butterflies and before long the dog discovers that he is lost. So, wandering about, he notices a leopard heading rapidly in his direction with the obvious intention of having lunch.

The dog thinks, “Oh boy, I’m in deep stuff now.” Then he notices some bones lying nearby on the ground and immediately settles down to chew on the bones with his back to the approaching cat. Just as the leopard is about to leap, the dog exclaims loudly, “That was one delicious leopard. I wonder if there are any more around here?”

Hearing this, the leopard halts his attack in mid-stride, and slinks away into the trees.

“Whew”, says the leopard. “That was close. That dog nearly had me.”

Meanwhile, a monkey who had been watching the whole scene from a nearby tree, figures he can put this knowledge to good use and trade it for protection from the leopard. So off he goes. But the dog sees him heading off after the leopard and figures that something is amiss. The monkey soon catches up with the leopard, spills the beans about the dog’s ruse and strikes a deal for himself with the leopard. The leopard is furious at being made a fool of and says, “Hop on my back, monkey, and see what’s going to happen to that conniving canine.”

Now the dog sees the leopard coming with the monkey on his back, and thinks, “Oh boy, it looks like I’ve really had it now.” But instead of running, the dog sits down with his back to the leopard and the monkey and pretends that he hasn’t seen them. And just when they get close enough to hear him, the dog says, “Where is that monkey? …I sent him off an hour ago to get me another leopard and he’s still not back.”

6. choppersk61

choppersk61 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

I did not see that one coming !!!

lol

7. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    A manager at Walmart had the task of hiring someone to fill a job opening. After sorting through a stack of resumes, he found four people who were equally qualified. He decided to call the four in and ask them only one question. Their answer would determine which of them would get the job.

The day came and as the four sat around the conference room table, the interviewer asked, "What is the fastest thing you know of?"

The first man replied, "A thought. It just pops into your head. There's no warning." "That's very good!" replied the interviewer. "And, now you sir?" he asked the second man.

"Hmm, let me see, a blink! It comes and goes and you don't know that it ever happened. A blink is the fastest thing I know of." "Excellent!" said the interviewer. "The blink of an eye, that's a very popular cliché for speed."

He then turned to the third man, who was contemplating his reply. "Well, out at my dad's ranch, you step out of the house, and on the wall there's a light switch. When you flip that switch, way out across the pasture, the light on the barn comes on in less than an instant. Yep, turning on a light is the fastest thing I can think of." The interviewer was very impressed with the third answer and thought he had found his man. "It's hard to beat the speed of light," he said.

Turning to Bubba, the fourth and final man, the interviewer posed the same question. Old Bubba replied, "After hearing the previous three answers, it's obvious to me that the fastest thing known is Diarrhea." "What!?" said the interviewer, stunned by the response. "Oh sure," said Bubba. "You see, the other day I wasn't feeling so good, and I ran for the bathroom, but before I could think, blink, or turn on the light, I had already pooped my pants."

Bubba is now the new greeter at a Walmart near you!

8. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  9. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    Sota, that is so close to the truth it isn't funny. :eek2:

10. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Too true.

11. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

This is probably my favorite joke of all time.

12. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    Hollywood Squares --- Remember the show??

These great questions and answers are from the days when ' Hollywood Squares' game show responses were spontaneous, not scripted, as they are now. Peter Marshall was the host asking the questions, of course..

Q.. Paul, what is a good reason for pounding meat?
    A. Paul Lynde: Loneliness!
    (The audience laughed so long and so hard it took up almost 15 minutes of the show!)

Q. Do female frogs croak?
    A. Paul Lynde: If you hold their little heads under water long enough.

Q. If you're going to make a parachute jump, at least how high should you be
    A. Charley Weaver: Three days of steady drinking should do it..

Q. True or False, a pea can last as long as 5,000 years.
    A. George Gobel: Boy, it sure seems that way sometimes.

Q. You've been having trouble going to sleep. Are you probably a man or a woman?
    A. Don Knotts: That's what's been keeping me awake.

Q. According to Cosmopolitan, if you meet a stranger at a party and you think that he is attractive, is it okay to come out and ask him if he's married?
    A.. Rose Marie: No wait until morning.

Q. Which of your five senses tends to diminish as you get older?
    A. Charley Weaver: My sense of decency..

Q. In Hawaiian, does it take more than three words to say 'I Love You'?
    A. Vincent Price: No, you can say it with a pineapple and a twenty..

Q. What are 'Do It,' 'I Can Help,' and 'I Can't Get Enough'?
    A. George Gobel: I don't know, but it's coming from the next apartment.

Q. As you grow older, do you tend to gesture more or less with your hands while talking?
    A. Rose Marie: You ask me one more growing old question Peter, and I'll give you a gesture you'll never forget.

Q. Paul, why do Hell's Angels wear leather?
    A. Paul Lynde: Because chiffon wrinkles too easily.

Q. Charley, you've just decided to grow strawberries. Are you going to get any during the first year?
    A.. Charley Weaver: Of course not, I'm too busy growing strawberries.

Q. In bowling, what's a perfect score?
    A. Rose Marie: Ralph, the pin boy.

Q. It is considered in bad taste to discuss two subjects at nudist camps. One is politics, what is the other?
    A. Paul Lynde: Tape measures.

Q. During a tornado, are you safer in the bedroom or in the closet?
    A. Rose Marie: Unfortunately Peter, I'm always safe in the bedroom.

Q. Can boys join the Camp Fire Girls?
    A. Marty Allen: Only after lights out.

Q. When you pat a dog on its head he will wag his tail. What will a goose do?
    A. Paul Lynde: Make him bark?

Q. If you were pregnant for two years, what would you give birth to?
    A. Paul Lynde: Whatever it is, it would never be afraid of the dark.

Q. According to Ann Landers, is there anything wrong with getting into the habit of kissing a lot of people?
    A. Charley Weaver: It got me out of the army.

Q. It is the most abused and neglected part of your body, what is it?
    A. Paul Lynde: Mine may be abused, but it certainly isn't neglected..

Q. Back in the old days, when Great Grandpa put horseradish on his head, what was he trying to do?
    A. George Gobel: Get it in his mouth.

Q. Who stays pregnant for a longer period of time, your wife or your elephant?
    A. Paul Lynde: Who told you about my elephant?

Q. When a couple have a baby, who is responsible for its sex?
    A.. Charley Weaver: I'll lend him the car, the rest is up to him

Q. Jackie Gleason recently revealed that he firmly believes in them and has actually seen them on at least two occasions. What are they?
    A. Charley Weaver: His feet.

Q.According to Ann Landers, what are two things you should never do in bed?
    A. Paul Lynde: Point and laugh

13. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    Wife: "How would you describe me?"
    Husband: "ABCDEFGHIJK."
    Wife: "What does that mean?"
    Husband: "Adorable, beautiful, cute, delightful, elegant, fashionable, gorgeous, and hot."
    Wife: "Aw, thank you, but what about IJK?"
    Husband: "I'm just kidding!"

The funeral is Tuesday.

14. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    These are awesome!

15. BB4tw

BB4tw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
  16. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you for that link, I love that show it was always on TV when I got home from school when I was a kid.

17. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

Back when humor was really funny. They were incredible, true comedians.
    That was being done live and rest of the cast had to try and sit there straight faced.
    They never knew what Tim was going to do. A pure comedic genius.

18. BB4tw

BB4tw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Watching the co-star's reactions was just as funny as whatever Tim was coming up with in the first place. Got double the funny.

19. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Carol Burnett is 100 times funnier than Chealsea whats her name.

20. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    That clip was hilarious. Thanks!