Joke of the day.

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by grnhd, Apr 19, 2014.

1. The Old Man

The Old Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Larry's barn burned down and his wife, Susan, called the insurance company.

Susan told the insurance company, "We had that barn insured for fifty thousand and I want my money."

The agent replied, "Whoa there, just a minute, Susan. Insurance doesn't work quite like that. We will ascertain the value of what was insured and provide you with a new one of comparable worth."

There was a long pause before Susan replied, "Then I'd like to cancel the policy on my husband."

cantexian, elkguide and wl704 like this.
  2. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    A guy sees a sign in front of a house: "Talking Dog for Sale." He rings the bell and the owner tells him the dog is in the backyard.

The guy goes into the backyard and sees a black mutt just sitting there.

"You talk?" he asks.

"Yep," the mutt replies.

"So, what's your story?"

The mutt looks up and says, "Well, I discovered my gift of talking pretty young and I wanted to help the government, so I told the CIA about my gift, and in no time they had me jetting from country to country, sitting in rooms with spies and world leaders, because no one figured a dog would be eavesdropping. I was one of their most valuable spies eight years running.

The jetting around really tired me out, and I knew I wasn't getting any younger and I wanted to settle down. So I signed up for a job at the airport to do some undercover security work, mostly wandering near suspicious characters and listening in. I uncovered some incredible dealings there and was awarded a batch of medals. Had a wife, a mess of puppies, and now I'm just retired."

The guy is amazed. He goes back in and asks the owner what he wants for the dog.

The owner says, "Ten dollars."

The guy says, "This dog is amazing. Why on earth are you selling him, so cheap?"

The owner replies, "He's just a big liar. He didn't do any of that stuff."

Sota, TJF, gltomp and 2 others like this.
  3. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    Simply by replacing your morning coffee with green tea, you can lose up to 87%…

…of what little joy you had left in your life!!

cantexian, gltomp and Sota like this.
  4. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    An elderly Florida lady did her shopping and, upon returning to her car found four males in the act of leaving with her vehicle. She dropped her shopping bags and drew her handgun, proceeding to scream at the top of her lungs, “I have a gun, and I know how to use it! Get out of the car!”. The four men didn’t wait for a second threat. They got out and ran like mad. The lady, somewhat shaken, then proceeded to load her shopping bags into the back of the car and got into the driver’s seat. She was so shaken that she could not get her key into the ignition. She tried and tried, and then she realized why. It was for the same reason she had wondered why there was a football, a Frisbee and two 12-packs of beer in the front seat. A few minutes later, she found her own car parked four or five spaces farther down. She loaded her bags into the car and drove to the police station to report her mistake. The sergeant to whom she told the story couldn’t stop laughing. He pointed to the other end of the counter, where four pale men were reporting a carjacking by a mad, elderly woman described as white, less than five feet tall, glasses, curly white hair, and carrying a large handgun. No charges were filed.
    The moral of the story? If you’re going to have a senior moment… make it memorable!!!!

5. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    Police have confirmed that the man who tragically fell from the roof of an 18th floor nightclub was…

…not a bouncer.

picman, gltomp, cantexian and 2 others like this.
  6. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    “Hey, Sven," said Ole,"how many Swedes does it take to grease a combine?" After Sven replied, "I don't know," Ole said, "Only two, if you run them through real slow."

7. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    A terrifying explosion occurs in a gunpowder factory, and once all the mess has been cleared up, and inquiry begins.
    One of the few survivors is pulled up to make a statement. "Okay Simpson," says the investigator, "you were near the scene, what happened?"
    "Well, it's like this. Old Charley Higgins was in the mixing room, and I saw him take a cigarette out of his pocket and light up."
    "He was smoking in the mixing room?" the investigator said in stunned horror, "How long had he been with the company?"
    "About 20 years, sir"
    "20 years in the company, then he goes and strikes a match in the mixing room, I'd have thought it would have been the last thing he'd have done."
    "It was, sir."

gltomp and elkguide like this.
  8. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    You don’t need a parachute to go skydiving.

You need a parachute to go skydiving twice.

gltomp, cantexian and elkguide like this.
  9. gltomp

gltomp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My buddy's wife’s birthday is tomorrow…she’s been leaving jewelry catalogs all over their house, so today he bought her a magazine rack.

The Old Man, Sota and cantexian like this.
  10. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    A boy asked his mom, “Mom, What is dark humor?”

The mom said to the boy, “See that man with no hands? Tell him to clap.”

The boy then said to his mom, “But mom, you know I’m blind!”

Sota, elkguide and dprsdhunter like this.
  11. gltomp

gltomp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    A father and son octopus were crossing the road, dad said to his son:

"Gimme your hand, gimme your hand, gimme your hand, gimme your hand, gimme your hand, gimme your hand, gimme your hand, gimme your hand."

wl704 and The Old Man like this.
  12. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    Ole was arrested one night while walking bare naked down the streets of the little town of Minnetonka, Minnesota. The policeman, who was a good friend of Ole's, said, "Ole...What in the world are you doing? Where are your clothes? You're naked."
    "Yah, I know," said Ole. "You see, I vas over to dat 'playboy' Sven's for his birthday party. Dere vas about 28 of us. Der vas boys and girls."
    "Is that right?", his policeman friend asked.
    "Yah, Yah, anyvay, dat Sven, he says, 'Everybody get into the bedroom!'
    So vee all go into the bedroom.... where den he yells, 'Everybody git naked!'
    "Vel, vee all got undressed. Den he yells, 'Everybody go to town!' "
    "Oh, my!", exclaimed the policeman.
    "Yah, Yah. I guess I'm the first one here".

picman, Sota and gltomp like this.
  13. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    The crumbling, old church building needed remodeling, so the preacher made an impassioned appeal, looking directly at the richest may in town. At the end of the message, the rich man stood up and announced, "Pastor, I will contribute $1,000."

Just then, plaster fell from the ceiling and struck the rich man on the shoulder. He promptly stood again and shouted, "Pastor, I will increase my donation to $5,000."

Before he could sit back down, plaster fell on him again, and again he virtually screamed, "Pastor, I will double my last pledge."

He sat down, and an larger chunk of plaster fell hitting him on the head. He stood once more and hollered, "Pastor, I will give $20,000!"

This prompted a deacon to shout, "Hit him again, Lord! Hit him again!"

gltomp, elkguide and cantexian like this.
  14. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    A man staggers into an emergency room with two black eyes and a five iron wrapped tightly around his throat. Naturally the doctor asks him what happened.

Well, it was like this, said the man. I was having a quiet round of golf with my wife, when she sliced her ball into a pasture of cows.

We went to look for it, and while I was rooting around I noticed one of the cows had something white at its rear end. I walked over and lifted up the tail, and sure enough, there was my wife's golf ball........stuck right in the middle of the cow's butt. That's when I made my mistake.

"What did you do?" asks the doctor.

Well, I lifted the tail and yelled to my wife, "Hey, this looks like yours!"

15. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    If you don’t know the difference between a psychologist and a psychiatrist…

Congratulations, you’re doing great!!!!!

Rowdyray, cantexian, Sota and 2 others like this.
  16. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    At the urging of his doctor, Bill moved to Texas.
    After settling in, he met a neighbor who was also an older man.

“Say, is this really a healthy place?”

“It sure is,” the man replied.

“When I first arrived here I couldn't say one word. I had hardly any hair on my head. I didn't have the strength to walk across a room and I had to be lifted out of bed.”

“That's wonderful!” said Bill. “How long have you been here?”

“I was born here.”

cantexian, Sota, gltomp and 2 others like this.
  17. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    A daughter asks her mother, “What are character qualities that I should look for in a marriage partner? You know, for someone that I will be spending eternity with."
    The mother replied, ”Go ask your father, he did better than I did.”

18. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    A man dies and goes to Heaven. He gets to meet GOD and asks GOD if he can ask him a few questions.

"Sure," GOD says, "Go right ahead".

"OK," the man says. "Why did you make women so pretty?"

GOD says, "So you would like them."

"OK," the guy says. "But how come you made them so beautiful?"

"So you would LOVE them", GOD replies.

The man ponders a moment and then asks, "But why did you make them such airheads?"

GOD says, "So they would love you!"

gltomp, cantexian and elkguide like this.
  19. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    Upon entering the little country store, the stranger noticed a sign saying "DANGER! BEWARE OF DOG!" posted on the glass door. Inside he noticed a harmless old hound dog asleep on the floor besides the cash register.

He asked the store manager, "Is THAT the dog folks are supposed to beware of?"

"Yep, that's him," he replied.

The stranger couldn't help but be amused. "That certainly doesn't look like a dangerous dog to me. Why in the world would you post that sign?"

"Because," the owner replied, "before I posted that sign, people kept tripping over him."

gltomp, picman, cantexian and 2 others like this.
  20. dprsdhunter

dprsdhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The Old Man, picman and Sota like this.