Joke of the day.

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by grnhd, Apr 19, 2014.

1. The Old Man

The Old Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    A man walks into a bar and orders a beer. After having the beer, he asks the bartender for the bill. “$3”, says the bartender.

The man just for fun goes on and places $1 coin on the three ends of the table. The bartender gives him a bad look but has no other option but to pick them up. This happened for 3-4 days and everyday the bartender felt humiliated.

Next time, he orders a beer but couldn’t find three $1 coins to pay the bill. So, he hands the bartender a $5 note. Now, the bartender gets all excited and thinks that it is his day to avenge the hard time he had because of this man. He then places the two $1 coins at the opposite ends of the table.

Now, with a shrewd smile and with all the excitement he goes to the man and says, “Go on, collect your change”.

The man then takes out a $1 coin from his pocket and puts it in front of the bartender and says, “One more beer please.”

2. tkaldahl2000

tkaldahl2000 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yesterday I was telling my students how hard it was growing up poor. I told them that around Christmas we always started to be really naught so that santa would leave a lump of coal in our stocking. That way we could be warm on Christmas Day. One little wise-acre in the back row asked why we didn't just ask for a heater. I gave him a nasty look and said "we didn't have any outlets in our dumpster."

3. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  4. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    Two Norwegian hunters were driving through the country to go bear hunting. They came upon a fork in the road where a sign read "BEAR LEFT" so they went home.

5. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    I can tell that joke because I am full blooded Norwegian and we know how to take a joke. :biggrin:

6. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    Two guys are out hunting deer. The first guy says, "Did you see that?"

"No," the second guy says.

"Well, a bald eagle just flew overhead," the first guy says.

"Oh," says the second guy.

A couple of minutes later, The first guy says, "Did you see that?"

"See what?" the second guy asks.

"Are you blind? There was a big, black bear walking on that hill, over there."

"Oh."

A few minutes later the first guy says: "Did you see that?"

By now, the second guy is getting aggravated, so he says, "Yes, I did!"

And the first guy says: "Then why did you step in it?"

7. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    There was a church that had a bell that no one could ring. One day, a boy came and asked the priest if he could try. He went up into the tower and ran straight into the bell face-first. The bell tolled loud and clear. The priest gave him the job.

One Sunday, the boy ran straight toward the bell with his face and missed, so he fell off the tower and died.

“Congregation,” the priest said before the assembled masses. “Does anybody know this boy’s name? I don’t know him, but his face rings a bell.”

8. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    For an experiment, a chemistry teacher takes out a $20 bill and put it’s in a bottle of ethanol. He then asks his students if it will dissolve.

A student raised his hand to answer.

Student: 'No, it most definitely will not dissolve, sir.'

Teacher: 'Really good! Now can you explain to the rest of the class why?'

Student: 'You’re so cheap, there’s no way you would’ve sacrificed that $20!!!'

sheddinva, cantexian and elkguide like this.
  9. axtell343

axtell343 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I told my grandfather this one, he nearly died laughing.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

10. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Hillary Clinton goes to a gifted-student primary school in New York to talk about the world. After her talk she offers question time.

One little boy puts up his hand. Hillary asks him what his name is. "Kenneth," he says.

"And what is your question, Kenneth?" she asks.

"I have three questions," he says.
    "First -- whatever happened in Benghazi?
    "Second -- why would you run for president if you are not capable of handling two e-mail accounts?
    "And, third -- whatever happened to the missing six billion dollars while you were Secretary of State?"

Just then the bell rings for recess. Hillary informs the kiddies that they will continue after recess.

When they resume Hillary says, "Okay, where were we? Oh, that's right, question time.
    Who has a question?"

A different boy -- little Johnny -- puts his hand up.

Hillary points to him and asks him what his name is.
    "Johnny," he says.

"And what is your question, Johnny?" she asks.

"I have five questions," he says.

"First -- whatever happened in Benghazi?
    "Second -- why would you run for president if you are not capable of handling two e-mail accounts?
    "Third -- whatever happened to the missing six billion dollars while you were Secretary of State?
    "Fourth -- why did the recess bell go off 20 minutes early?
    "And, fifth -- where's Kenneth?"

11. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    A young naval student was being put through the paces by an old sea captain.

"What would you do if a sudden storm sprang up on the starboard?"

"Throw out an anchor, sir," the student replied.

"What would you do if another storm sprang up aft?"

"Throw out another anchor, sir."

"And if another terrific storm sprang up forward, what would you do then?" asked the captain.

"Throw out another anchor, sir."

"Hold on," said the captain. "Where are you getting all those anchors from?"

"From the same place you're getting your storms, sir."

smctitan, Sota, sheddinva and 2 others like this.
  12. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    A young woman came home and told her mom that her steady boyfriend had proposed, but she had turned him down because she found out he was an atheist, and didn't believe in Heaven or Hell. "Marry him anyway, honey. Between the two of us, we'll show him just how very wrong he is."

cantexian, elkguide and Sota like this.
  13. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have been married for 27 years. I got married by a judge I should have asked for a jury. Actually as you get old and your circle of friends die and disappear your wife is truly your best friend.

14. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    39 years here and I absolutely agree with you.

Sota and elkguide like this.
  15. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    The 60th High School Reunion
    He was a widower and she a widow. They had known each other for a number of years, having been high school classmates and having attended class reunions in the past, without fail.
    This 60th anniversary of their class, the widower and the widow made a foursome with two other singles. They had a wonderful evening, their spirits high, with the widower throwing admiring glances across the table . . . and the widow smiling coyly back at him.
    Finally during one dance, he picked up courage to ask her, 'Will you marry me? After about 6 seconds of careful consideration, she answered, 'Yes.... yes I will!'
    Needless to say, the evening ended on a happy note for the widower. However, the next morning he was troubled. Did she say Yes or did she say No? He couldn't remember. Try as he would, he just could not recall. He went over-and-over the conversation of the previous evening, but his mind was blank. He remembered asking the question, but for the life of him could not recall her response.
    With fear and trepidation, he picked up the phone and called her. First, he explained that he couldn't remember as well as he used to. Then he reviewed the past evening. As he gained a little more courage, he then inquired of her, 'When I asked if you would marry me, did you say Yes or did you say No?
    'Why you silly man, she replied, I said Yes. Yes, I will! And I meant it with all my heart!' The widower was delighted. He felt his heart skip a beat. Then she continued. 'And I'm so glad you called, because I couldn't remember who asked me”.

sheddinva, cantexian, Happy and 2 others like this.
  16. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    Upon getting to work one morning, seventy-five year old Marvin is reminded by his secretary that it's his wife's birthday today. At lunch, Marvin goes to the local mall and tries to find a gift for her.

Unfortunately, he realizes that life has been good and she has everything she needs. Upon passing a lingerie store, Marvin realizes that his wife has never bought any lingerie in her life. He gets the idea to buy his wife something sexy to make her feel good and young.

Marvin goes into the store and tells the clerk to wrap up the most expensive, sheerest negligee she has. Marvin takes the gift and excitedly runs home to his wife.
    Upon finding her in the kitchen he tells her to take the gift upstairs and unwrap it. He'll wait in the kitchen. His wife thanks him and goes up to the bedroom.

Once the package is opened she realizes that this is something she has never had before. She also sees that it is so sheer it leaves nothing to the imagination. She thinks for a moment and then decides that she'll really surprise Marvin and go downstairs without any clothes on at all. So she leaves the negligee on the bed and starts down the stairs stark naked. She calls out, 'Marvin, come out to the hallway and look.'

Marvin walks out to the staircase, looks up at his wife, and exclaims, 'All that money and they didn't even iron it.'

17. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    What do you get when you cross a snowman with a vampire?
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    Frostbite

sheddinva and elkguide like this.
  18. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Boo I kid can't wait to drop it on my nephews at christmas.

19. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    In a small southern town there was a "Nativity Scene" that showed great skill and talent had gone into creating it. One small feature bothered me.

The three wise men were wearing firemen's helmets.

Totally unable to come up with a reason or explanation, I left. At a "Quik Stop" on the edge of town, I asked the lady behind the counter about the helmets. She exploded into a rage, yelling at me, "You stupid Yankees never do read the Bible!" I assured her that I did, but simply couldn't recall anything about firemen in the Bible.

She jerked her Bible from behind the counter and ruffled through some pages, and finally jabbed her finger at a passage. Sticking it in my face she said "See, it says right here, 'The three wise man came from afar.'"

sheddinva, dnoodles, elkguide and 2 others like this.
  20. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The small southern town had to be in florida.