Joke of the day.

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by grnhd, Apr 19, 2014.

1. The Old Man

The Old Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    A lawyer had just bought a fancy new car and was eager to show it off to his colleagues, when an eighteen wheeler came out of nowhere and took off the driver’s side door with him standing right there. “NOOO!” he screamed, because he knew that no matter how good a mechanic tried to fix it, it would never be the same. Finally, a cop came by, and the lawyer ran up to him yelling, “MY BENTLEY DOOR WAS JUST RUINED BY SOME FOOLISH DRIVER!!!”

“You’re a lawyer aren’t you?” asked the policeman.

“Yes, I am, but what does that have to do with my car?!?!” the lawyer asked.

“HA! You lawyers are so materialistic. All you care about is your possessions. I bet you didn’t even notice that your left arm is missing did you?” the cop said.

The lawyer looked down at his side and exclaimed, “MY ROLEX!”

Okiebob and sheddinva like this.
  2. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    A farmer purchases an old, run-down, abandoned farm with plans to turn it into a thriving enterprise. The fields are grown over with weeds, the farmhouse is falling apart, and the fences are collapsing all around.During his first day of work, the town preacher stops by to bless the man's work, saying, "May you and God work together to make this the farm of your dreams!"A few months later, the preacher stops by again to call on the farmer. Lo and behold, it's like a completely different place--the farm house is completely rebuilt and in excellent condition, there are plenty of cattle and other livestock happily munching on feed in well-fenced pens, and the fields are filled with crops planted in neat rows. "Amazing!" the preacher says. "Look what God and you have accomplished together!""Yes, reverend," says the farmer, "but remember what the farm was like when God was working it alone!"

Okiebob, sheddinva and Sota like this.
  3. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    Three vampires walk into a bar and sit down at a table. The waitress comes over and asks the first vampire what he would like. The first vampire responds, "I vould like some blood."
    The waitress turns to the second vampire and asks what he would like. The vampire responds, "I vould like some blood."
    The waitress turns to the third vampire and asks what he would like. The vampire responds, "I vould like some plasma."
    The waitress looks up and says, "Let me see if I have this order correct. You want two bloods and a blood light?"

sheddinva and elkguide like this.
  4. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    What’s it called when a chameleon can’t change its colors anymore?

A reptile dysfunction.

Sota, sheddinva, elkguide and 2 others like this.
  5. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    Dave rubs a magic lamp and the genie grants him 3 wishes.

Genie: what will be your first wish?

Dave: I want to be rich.

Genie: Granted. What will be your second wish?

Rich: I want a lot of money.

elkguide, Okiebob, sheddinva and 2 others like this.
  6. axtell343

axtell343 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It took me way longer than it should have to get the joke :)

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

The Old Man and Okiebob like this.
  7. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    A doctor at an insane asylum decided to take his patients to a baseball game.

For weeks in advance, he coached his patients to respond to his commands.

When the day of the game arrived, everything went quite well. As the national anthem started, the doctor yelled, “Up Nuts”, and the patients complied by standing up. After the anthem, he yelled, “Down Nuts”, and they all sat back down in their seats.

After a home run was hit, the doctor yelled, “Cheer Nuts” They all broke out into applause and cheered. When the umpire made a particularly bad call against the star of the home team, the Doctor yelled, “Booooo Nuts” and they all started booing and cat calling.

Comfortable with their response, the doctor decided to go get a beer and a hot dog, leaving his assistant in charge. When he returned, there was a riot in progress.

Finding his missing assistant, the doctor asked:” What in the world happened?”

The assistant replied: “Well everything was going just fine until this guy walked by and yelled, “PEANUTS!”

8. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    A poor peasant is traveling the woody paths of Barnsdale, when a hooded man walks up to him.

Robin Hood: “HALT! I am Robin Hood, I take from the rich to give to the poor, now give me all your money!”

Peasant: “I have nothing, I’ve been hungry for years you see”

Robin Hood: “Very well then poor man, take this!”

Robin Hood gives the poor man a sack, filled to the brim with gold coins. He then fades away into the forest.

The peasant stares in disbelief, exclaiming: “I can’t believe it, I’m rich!”

“HALT!”

9. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Murphy showed up at Mass one Sunday. The priest nearly fell down when he saw him. He'd never been to church in his life. After Mass, the priest caught up with him & said: "Murphy, I am so glad ya decided to come to Mass. What made ya come?"

Murphy said: "I got to be honest with ya Father. A while back, I misplaced me hat & I really, really love that hat. I know that McGlynn had a hat just like mine and I knew he came to church every Sunday. I also knew that he had to take off his hat during Mass and figured he would leave it in the back of church. So, I was going to leave after Communion and steal McGlynn's hat."

The priest said: "WELL, MURPHY, I NOTICE THAT YA DIDN'T STEAL McGlynn's HAT. WHAT CHANGED YA MIND?"

Murphy replied: "Well, after I heard ya sermon on the 10 Commandments I decided that I didn't need to steal McGlynn's hat after all."

With a tear in his eye, the priest gave Murphy a big smile & said: "After I talked about 'Thou Shalt Not Steal' ya decided you would rather do without your hat than burn in hell, hey?"

Murphy slowly shook his head. "No, Father, after ya talked about 'Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery', I remembered where I left me hat.

sheddinva, Okiebob and The Old Man like this.
  10. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    There was a Japanese man who went to America for sightseeing. On the last day, he hailed a cab and told the driver to drive to the airport. During the journey, a Honda drove past the taxi. Thereupon, the man leaned out of the window excitedly and yelled, "Honda, very fast! Made in Japan!"
    After a while, a Toyota sped past the taxi. Again, the Japanese man leaned out of the window and yelled, "Toyota, very fast! Made in Japan!"
    And then a Mitsubishi sped past the taxi. For the third time, the Japanese leaned out of the window and yelled, "Mitsubishi, very fast! Made in Japan!"
    The driver was a little angry, but he kept quiet. And this went on for quite a number of cars. Finally, the taxi came to the airport. The fare was US$300.
    The Japanese exclaimed, "Wah... so expensive!"
    There upon, the driver yelled back, "Meter, very fast! Made in Japan!"

sheddinva, elkguide, Happy and 2 others like this.
  11. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    During a commercial airline flight an experienced Marine Pilot was seated next to a young mother with a babe in arms.
    When the baby began crying during the descent for landing, the mother began nursing the infant as discreetly as possible.
    The pilot pretended not to notice, and, upon disembarking, he gallantly offered his assistance to help with the various baby-related items.
    When the young mother expressed her gratitude, the pilot responded, "that's a good looking baby, and he sure was hungry!"
    Somewhat embarrassed, the mother explained that her pediatrician said that the time spent on the breast would help alleviate the pressure in the baby's ears.
    The pilot sadly shook his head, and in true pilot fashion exclaimed, "And all these years, I've been chewing gum."

elkguide, Okiebob and sheddinva like this.
  12. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    One day God was looking down at Earth and saw all of the rascally behavior that was going on. So he called one of His angels and sent the angel to Earth for a time.

When he returned, he told God, 'Yes, it is bad on Earth; 95% are misbehaving and only 5% are not.

God thought for a moment and said, 'Maybe I had better send down a second angel to get another opinion.'

So God called another angel and sent him to Earth for a time.

When the angel returned he went to God and said, 'Yes, it's true.The Earth is in decline; 95% are misbehaving, but 5% are being good.'

God was not pleased. So He decided to e-mail the 5% that were good, because he wanted to encourage them, and give them a little something to help them keep going.

Do you know what the e-mail said?

Okay, I was just wondering, because I didn't get one either.

elkguide, sheddinva and Sota like this.
  13. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I swallowed two pieces of string the other day, they came out tied together. I **** you knot.

14. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    A Russian woman married an Australian gentleman and they lived happily everafter in Melbourne . The poor lady was not very proficient in English, butdid manage to communicate with her husband. The real problem arose whenevershe had to shop for groceries.
    One day, she went to the butcher and wanted to buy chicken legs. She didn'tknow how to put forward her request, and in desperation, clucked like achicken and lifted up her skirt to show her thighs. Her butcher got themessage, and gave her the chicken legs.
    Next day she needed to get chicken breasts, again she didn't know how tosay it, and so she clucked like a chicken and unbuttoned her blouse to showthe butcher her breasts. The butcher understood again, and gave her somechicken breasts.
    On the 3rd day, the poor lady needed to buy sausages. Unable to find a wayto communicate this, she brought her husband to the store...(Please scroll down.)

What were you thinking? Hellooooooo, her husband speaks English! Now getback to whatever you were doing. I don't know about you sometimes..

Okiebob, axtell343, sheddinva and 4 others like this.
  15. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    A racehorse owner asked his jockey why he didn't ride his mount through a hole when it opened up just before the final turn.
    "I tried," replied the jockey. "But it is impossible to go through a hole that is going faster than your horse."

Okiebob and sheddinva like this.
  16. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    Henry goes to confession and says, "Bless me Father, for I have sinned. Last night I was with seven different women."

The priest says, "Take seven lemons, squeeze them into a glass and drink the juice without pausing."

"Will that cleanse me of my sins, Father?"

"No," replies the priest. "But it'll wipe that silly grin off your face."

smctitan, Okiebob, sheddinva and 2 others like this.
  17. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    65 year old woman had a heart attack and was taken to the hospital.
    While on the operating table she had a near death experience..
    Seeing God, She asked "Is my time up?"
    God said, "No, you have another 33 years, 2 months and 8 days to live."
    Upon recovery, the woman decided to stay in the hospital and have a
    Face-lift, liposuction, breast implants and a tummy tuck.
    She even had someone come in and change her hair color and brighten her
    Teeth! Since she had so much more time to live, she figured she might as
    Well make the most of it.
    After her last operation, she was released from the hospital. While crossing
    The street on her way home, she was killed by an ambulance.
    Arriving in front of God, she demanded, "I thought you said I had
    Another 33 years? Why didn't you pull me from out of the path of the
    Ambulance?"
    God replied: ” I didn't recognize you!!!!!"

18. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    While shopping in a food store, two nuns happened to pass by the beer, wine, and liquor section.

One asked the other if she would like a beer.

The second nun answered that, indeed, it would be very nice to have one, but that she would feel uncomfortable purchasing it.

The first nun replied that she would handle it without a problem.

She picked up a six-pack and took it to the cashier.

The cashier was surprised, so the nun said, “This is for washing our hair.”

Without blinking an eye, the cashier reached under the counter and put a package of pretzel sticks in the bag with the beer.

“The curlers are on me.”

19. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    If you want to know more about paranoids, follow them around.

20. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I knew a guy that was so paranoid he could not go to a football game, he thought the players in the huddle were talking about him.

The Old Man likes this.