Jealousy

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by boonerville, Dec 14, 2018.

1. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    there's a big difference in the shenanigans you guys are describing vs. what Booner did or I was defending.

TIP line the feeder, and hunt the line yourself and pick them off just before they go into the field or as they come off it.
    Again, so long as it's your land sit the line and hunt your side all you want.

2. foodplot19

foodplot19 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Why point the cameras on to the neighbors property though. No wonder the guy in the pic's looks mad. I would be mad too if I had cameras looking in to my property.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

early in and fletch920 like this.
  3. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    Booner explained he was trying to see what was going on that had driven deer sightings way down.

4. foodplot19

Dislikes Received:

Sent from my SM-G930V using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

5. gunther89

gunther89 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You're telling me that with snow on the ground, you cant see the tracks in the snow? I know it had been going on earlier in the year but you cant hide tracks in the snow.

6. gunther89

gunther89 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    We had a camera facing a sliver of our neighbors property. It's a perfect fence crossing and we always get good pictures there. After running a camera there for multiple years, our neighbor messaged my cousin saying he didnt like the camera on the line fence due to it invading his privacy. We coulda been a jerk about it saying it's on our property, but we moved the camera back about 30 yards and our neighbor was happy. Sometimes it's better to just not open up a can of worms.

7. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    A line fence between two private properties belongs to both parties. Fletch, how do you assign ownership of the fence to the guy with "the best or most land".

So this guy with the bedding area spent big money letting a piece of his property remain thick and nasty, aka bedding. Then Boonerville spent big money planting plots to draw the deer out and give them something to eat and set up a couple of stands.

Whats the fricken problem????

8. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Robert Frost said Good fences make good neighbors.

RKWKS, buggs, early in and 2 others like this.
  9. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Stuff like this is why I like being a public land hunter. Serious. I have no time or desire to deal with this type of drama.

10. cml5895

cml5895 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If I scored permission next to a farm of their's or their like, I'd be ecstatic. And I would also hunt where the deer are. If that happens to be 20 yards off a boundary, then that is where a deer is getting shot. The wonderful thing about permission, is that anyone can ask, the worst they could say is no. I don't think that makes you any less of a good person or hunter. Because let's face it, a mature buck isn't going to come easy whether you are on a boundary or in the center of your 100 acres, you still have to put in the time and make it happen. As for the cameras pointed on the guys property, that would burn my ass if I was a landowner for sure.

11. w33kender

w33kender Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I've seen that work both ways, having scouted public land from border to border, and seeing food plots and bait piles right on the line of the public WMA.

12. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    There's a lot more to this story not being told and it isn't really about sitting on your side of the property line or not.

Facebook did indeed start this, but wasn't jealousy.

early in, fletch920 and foodplot19 like this.
  13. foodplot19

Dislikes Received:
    This ^^^^^

14. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    I don't know. There hasn't been snow around here in almost a month. I'm just going off what he said.
    :confused:

15. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    there's plenty of that on PL also. I know you are pretty run and gun and that helps to avoid it, but holy smokes some of the dumb crap I've dealt with on PL.

• Illegally posting PL as private
    • DNR being called on us for fake reasons (multiple times over the years for different false claims)
    • gut piles and doe heads being planted at our camp site (yes, this actually happened!)
    • stands taken down but not stolen, just left on the ground next to the tree
    • a leasee refusing us permission to cross the line to recover a dead buck that was literally less than 10 yards on the other side (that sucker ran almost 100 yards after being shot through the lungs with a 30-06. The guy saw it run over and drop so he knew we shot it on the PL side.)

And all that is just drama inflicted on us from PRIVATE land neighbors! I'm not even talking about some of the slobs actually hunting on PL. Thankfully the one landowner who gave us the most problems sold this past year and the new owners seem a bit less vindictive. At least they haven't re-posted the PL as their own.

w33kender likes this.
  16. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I hear you man. I've also had trouble on public land. But I like to hunt the military bases which seems to cut down on some of the jerks for some reason. I have good hunts 99% of the time.

17. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I only have permission to hunt small tracts of land so Im clearly biased in this. :moose:

But the fact of the matter is that boonerville is the one killing the deer. The other landowner could do the same potentially if he put in the same amount of work and time. Maybe he does and is just not good at it or he has bad luck. But my point being is that boonerville is doing the work to get in the position to take the shot. As long as that animal is not on the neighbors side why is that a problem?

As for the cameras being pointed to his side of the property. Really, why does it matter? Its not like its pointing into the front door of his house or the ol swimming hole.

Its sad that we have become so petty that we just cant be happy for others when things go right, especially when they work hard to accomplish their goals.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  18. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

Do you need to sign in/out where you hunt? That makes things much easier when there is an issue.

19. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I get that Greg, I really do. But, I have had guys put up stands on fences and eventually they end up trimming branches so they can "see" onto my property. The fence would also magically fall down right next to their stand. The deer they shot would always end up heading straight back across the fence to the bedding where they came from. The temptation to shoot a giant buck that is 5 yards across the fence is more than most guys can resist. Say what you want, it is easy to say you wont shoot, its another to watch him stand there knowing that nobody will know if you zip an arrow through his lungs. Especially if you need that deer to make part of your living. Jordan put up platforms right on the fence in a cattle pasture. Legal, sure. Classy, not in my book. The thing that really shows his level of class is pointing cameras across a fence onto private property. Then posting up photos of an upset landowner to disparage his character. Aside from everything else, that one thing is what I would say defines Jordan's intent and character more than anything. Poor at best. He is trying to make an income off being a public figure on the web by killing mature deer. It seems that he is willing to do that at most any cost. He says the guy is jealous. Yet, Jordan was attracted to this guys property because old toothless had something that Jordan needed to be a big shot on the internet and help him pad his pockets with sponsors and advertising. He has a semi-live thread and Youtube and Facebook persona that needs hero shots with big bucks. The neighbor had big bucks on his property, and Jordan needed them. After he has taken the top end bucks there, he will move on to the next fenceline that offers another photo op or two from a property that took years and years to bring up to that level of trophy production. Jordan doesn't care if he is messing with the neighbors privacy by pointing cameras onto his property. He just needs the affirmation of being one of the guys on the internet that is known for killing big bucks. He wants to be another big friggin deal deer hunter. That's my fricken problem with it. Doesn't mean that you agree, and that's cool because Greg, you are one of the guys on here that I respect the most.

20. foodplot19

Dislikes Received:
    I understand what you're saying copperhead, but that isn't the point here.

copperhead likes this.