Jealousy

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by boonerville, Dec 14, 2018.

1. camo75

camo75 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like he is scouting your side from his side.

He’s been caught trespassing your side before??

early in likes this.
  2. w33kender

w33kender Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Excellent movie reference!!!

Sota likes this.
  3. gri22ly

gri22ly Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    This guy could be so much fun. We used to make monofilament trip wires, attached to mouse traps and pipes loaded with shotgun shells...they served a deterrent, and as a perimeter breach.

They're really easy to make and attach right to a tree, door, car frame, porch steps, just whatever, get creative with it....You can even bait him in with a curiosity set, random mailbox just setting out in the woods, no way that meth head can walk by it without opening it up to take a look. Load your shells with what ever you like, paper just to scare, rock salt...or a 3 1/2 inch #4 turkey load, make sure to per dig a hole near by if you go with the last option, lol.

4. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Plainazz stupid!

WillO and gri22ly like this.
  5. boonerville

boonerville Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    So basically the situation is I have hunted this farm for 3 years, and have never had a problem with anything or anyone. The neighbors property is where most of the deer bed, and the property I hunt is where they come to feed. My side of the fence is wide open for the most part, so I hunt out of blinds on platforms set out in the fields close to the fence jumps where they enter the fields. The past 2 seasons there have been deer everywhere, all throughout the year. This is the farm where I have killed 3 big deer in the last 2 years and where my current #1 lives. This year about November 5th the deer activity changed drastically. As in there isn’t any. Literally a farm where I could expect to see 30-40 deer per sit all year went to a place where I see very few, mostly young deer. All mature bucks disappeared, even at night. Walking the fence I noticed boot tracks...on the neighbors side of fence, but in 3 yrs i have never seen any sign of a person. So i put cameras on the fenceline, pointing into the other property, but on my side to see what’s going on. The very next day I got those pictures. Apparently the owner has been walking the fence every day before dark to keep deer from crossing the fence. The idiot is messing up his own hunting in the process tromping right through the best bedding around for 3 miles. I couldn’t figure out what triggered this all of a sudden, but through some social media sleuthing I figured it out. The owners daughter follows my Facebook page and apparently saw the deer ive killed and posted pics of. So they have made it a mission to make it hard for me to kill anything. I attempted to be neighborly and contacted them about it. They went batcrap crazy over it. The daughter even called Radix cameras and told them I’m a poacher and unethical because i have cameras on the fenceline. Then the owner (mr no teeth) called the DNR and tromped through my side of the fence complaining about my blinds and cameras. I have pics of this too. Ultimately the DNR acted like he was annoyed he was being bothered with it, and thankfully he was pretty chill to deal with. But i had to walk him back through the property again (and further mess up future hunts) and show him my stands and cameras. A few of my cameras were twisted off their mounts and the dnr guy made a point to say the neighbor did that because he was mad when they came on my side of fence. Ultimately I can’t do anything about the neighbor crossing the fence because it’s not my property. I just hunt on permission. The owner has to be the one to complain, but it’s an older lady and I don’t want to cause her problems; i know what that will mean for me if that happens. Ive been down that road before. I’m sure it has something to do with my #1 buck as well. So at this point I’m stuck having to deal with it. Yay for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. gri22ly

gri22ly Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    It's only "plainazz stupid" if you mess around and open the box. That's day one basics...it goes insanely deeper than that.

7. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So we can blame Facebook for the issues, yet another reason to never take part.

8. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You know I'm a fan Boon, but you did break the golden rule. Advertising big bucks and ppl come out of the wood work. Good luck with cletus.

9. boonerville

boonerville Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I’m just weird I guess. I’ve never understood the jealous mentality. I have a small farm right next to Mark Drury, and have pictures of his bow buck this year. Disappointing...sure, but I’m not jealous of the guy. I like having neighbors that don’t kill every 2 and 3, and even 4 year old. My neighbor clearly doesn’t share that thought. Instead of being happy that ive passed up 20-30 1-4 year olds this year, he’s pissed that i killed a 5,6, and 7 year old over the last 2 years. I don’t get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    People are crazy, throw big antlers into the equation and they lose their mind.

11. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Wow, what a horses butt. Sounds like a mess.

12. Mpeck2892

Mpeck2892 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I see where he is coming from, maybe he worked hard to have that land, maybe he still is, you can’t judge a book by its cover, although this cover looks pretty rough, but you never know. To own a property for years or generations in a family and to have someone sweet talk the neighbor lady to hunt on your property line. If he doesn’t know you personally and sees your blinds and cameras on the line, it’s hard to just rely on your a nice and honest person, it’s easy to just assume you’d wouldn’t respect the property line. To him it’s not your #1, it’s his #1. And I know you haven’t shown pics, but I feel I have a pretty good guess on just how big he is. I definitely don’t think it’s right touching your cams, and I think you did exactly the right thing in contacting him and trying to make a working relationship. Obviously he didn’t respond well to it and I think that shows he is not a friendly kinda person. He’s going to try and discourage you from hunting there in hopes you’ll give up and move out. Just keep on being you and the better person, I think you have the time and seem to be a good educated hunter, if it’s possible for you to harvest him on the property I think you’ll find a way. It sure is an unfortunate situation and hope you best. I really enjoy watching your thread throughout the year. Thanks for posting.

13. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Does not matter the line is the line what is on the other side of that line does not matter you don't go over the line to piss on a guys boots.

justinwmoe88 and JasonOhio2018 like this.
  14. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You hear me hill billy boy :lol:

w33kender and Sota like this.
  15. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    That and sling blade two of my favorites.

16. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Honestly, I'm siding with the toothless one on this. I despise fence sitters. The ground you are hunting does not have any trees and you are putting up platforms right near his fence. Then, to add insult to injury, you point cameras ONTO his property. That in itself would probably make me do a little more than he has done with those cameras. Sorry, but when someone OWNS property and someone else just shows up on the fence to reap the rewards, it's a crappy thing. You had a great thing going until you wanted the world to see your deer on Facebook. Huge mistake. He is obviously willing to sacrifice his own hunting to ruin yours, and honestly, I really understand his frustration.

17. w33kender

w33kender Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    You are obviously a good guy and not a toothless reprobate.I hate the situation you're in. I feel for your situation.

Maybe you'll get lucky and their meth lab or still will explode, an incident which will advance the human race in your zip code at such speed even Charles Darwin would be amazed.

18. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    If what was posted and has since been removed is true, then I could understand that landowners frustrations.

I don't know why it was removed but not knowing anything about the situation(s) will not comment further to it.

Either way, hopefully you both can work something out or at least figure out a way as to not be at each others throats.

No deer is worth the drama and with all the properties and quality deer you have access to I'm sure it is only a matter of time before the next giant emerges.

foodplot19 likes this.
  19. chieffan

chieffan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You opened the can of snakes when you posted your kill on social media for the whole world to see.
    Then opened another can when you put up cams pointing at his property, snooping on him. You made your nest now sleep in it.

foodplot19 and fletch920 like this.
  20. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You pointed cameras onto private property and then posted an individual's photos without consent. How much is your farm next to Drury's worth? Hopefully enough to cover your mistake if he catches you doing this. You may have just opened his "mailbox".

foodplot19 likes this.