Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

I've about had It!!!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Schultzy, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Sliverflicker

Sliverflicker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Don't worry Steve if they're anything like the Michigan DNR, right when you think they cant get no dumber they will issue unlimited 2.00 doe tags and wipe out all of them.

2. Vabowman

Vabowman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    What's wrong with South Carolina? NC? Va? We got plenty of good ones here, but you don't need to know that!:busted:

3. Kanga

Kanga Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Steve.

I know a few people down here in TX that would welcome you into camp.

4. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I didn't mention NC or VA, I only said SC ;)

5. Countryboy95

Countryboy95 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good thing you don't live in PA where I do. I have it just as bad as you do, I'm fourteen years old and this is my first year bow hunting. It could be worse, you could be fourteen and new to bow hunting.

6. in da woods

in da woods Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Don't worry, it won't be long, and then they'll be doing what our DNR is doing here. Trying to eradicate everything in the lower part of the state. At least your seeing deer. Many people here didn't see anything during the gun hunt and few & far between during bow season. I was the exception last yr, shooting 3. Their herd control/reduction is working all right, they've decimated the herd on public land. Not uncommon to go out for a week and not see anything.

7. Schultzy

Schultzy Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Craig, I'm not throwing you under the bus or everyone that works for the DNR under the bus. There's a few "big shots" that need to do things better, allot better. It's pretty bad when the local CO In the area agree's that things aren't getting done right either. Remember the big stink In northern Mn 5 or 6 years ago about the big rise In bear permits In most area's that the Mn DNR Implemented so more bear would be shot? Bear hunters were ready to kill bear hunters rather then bear for few years, way to many people In the woods. Bear hunters tried telling the Mn DNR to cut down on permits but no, were not good enough. Well look at the permits now. There going way back down and I can gaurantee you more bear will be shot because of It. I wonder why the permits dropped? The bottom line here Is the Mn DNR better start listening to hunters a little bit more and maybe do some researching on who's doing there homework out In the woods. No you can't please everyone but I know for a fact they can do better then what their doing. The Mn DNR Is not to highly thought of like It once was, there's reasons for that. My uncle works with the Mn DNR, I haven't the slightest problem with him but the problem I have Is the people the Mn DNR Is paying to make these types of decisions when It comes to hunting.