Its starting to make more sense now.

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by John Galt, Jun 12, 2013.

1. John Galt

John Galt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Before the election here in the north east, Ohio, Pa and Michigan were all pretty close in the polls and very important to an Obama victory, yet he never came to PA and only stopped at two or three very strategic areas of Ohio, no one could figure how they knew exactly where he needed to visit.
    Then there was the incredible amounts of on line money mysteriously donated on line by seemingly unknown, unlikely sources?
    Data mining??????? How did they know how to stifle the Tea party movement? Is it possible that this administration has gathered enough "dirt" on their enemies to silence them? How many of these seemingly endless gaffs will be simple ignored by the press? The outing of the doctor who handed us Bin Ladin, Fast and Furious, the Secret service prostitute scandal, The Benghazi murders the IRS and maybe the biggest of all how did Obama care get stuffed through in the middle of the night with out but a handful of Congressmen or Senators even having seen the bill?

Are we just beginning to see the light as to how far these people are willing to go? I kow, I know, Bush did it first! WTF!

2. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  3. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  4. John Galt

Dislikes Received:
    So basically we should be incessantly happy at the blissfully ignorant elected officials own ability to even spy on our citizens in a useful way in absence of any constitutional interference? Superb!

Who ever said "No child left behind" was a failure?

5. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Who said be happy? Oh you did;)

6. Iowa Veteran

Iowa Veteran Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    There comes a time when we have to accept that it is done and move on. The important thing is learn from the past to prevent the same from recurring in the future.

7. John Galt

Dislikes Received:
    This is unacceptable behavior by any goverment, and should never be tolerated, the bill of rights has been used as lunch sack for a **** sandwich, and frankly I'm not very hungry for this BS!

8. Afflicted

Afflicted Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It was a huge deal when bush tapped some phone after 9/11 and Obama ran on the promise of never doing that.

It's us against them. They all will abuse power so never give them any and hold their feet to the fire when they do.

Left or Right.

9. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Big brother has taken firm root....

10. Fuzz_27

Fuzz_27 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Nicely Said

11. John Galt

Dislikes Received:
    I'm thinking a good sac kick might loosen that root!

12. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Americans need to wake up and realize that we are citizens, not subjects and that the government is there to work for us! Not there to control us. EVERYONE should be pissed to find out the government is data mining your information and collecting your phone records. American is the land of the FREE, we need to stand up and show our government that we still believe in our individual freedoms or we are no better of than North Korea!

13. Iowa Veteran

Iowa Veteran Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    We can complain all we want, but with a democrat in the white house and the senate majority held by the democrats, he won't be impeached nor will he be tethered. The best we can do is keep the democratic transgressions in the forefront of people's minds until after the next mid term and presidential elections.

14. John Galt

Dislikes Received:
    And what will the startlingly different agenda that the GOP will put forth to whoo our votes to their way of thinking, a kinder, gentler conservative format that some how justifies unbearable spending at just under the rate of increases of the present commander and twit ? We are so hosed!

How about those Midwestern red states support for a five year extension to the Farm bill that is bloated with food stamp spending that a beached whale would smell sweet in comparison, The GOP stomps their feet and pouts like a little girl with a melting ice cream cone, all the while walking instep with those hell bent on the financial destruction of our country.

15. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I agree the congress, President and executive branch who allowed this bill to become law should be prosecuted!!!!!!

16. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    According the the warrant they are asking for the meta-data of these records, everyone here knows what meta-data is correct?

Also it appears Google wants to publish what the NSA is gathering, which I think should be published

EXCLUSIVE: Google to DOJ: Let us prove to users that NSA isn't snooping on them | Fox News

Second we all know if during the Bush administration if a terror attack would have happen again, the left would have hung him out to dry.

Same thing for Obama, if a terror attacked happen the same folks complaining about what Government is doing now, would ***** they did not do enough to prevent it from happening.

So it's a no win for whoever is in office, this has been happening post 2001, I you can bet your *** if Romney would have won he would have approved it also, that does not make it right just the way it is today being we were scared into the Patriot Act.

17. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The republicans are taking us off the cliff in a Model T, the democrats are taking us off the cliff in a Ferrari. The democrats are far long gone in my opinion and until the republicans fix themselves, they couldn't possibly fix the country. The bloated federal government is the problem, when they are so big and cannot be trusted, there's no one else for the people to look to for freedom, security, and liberty. Once there is a party that is dedicated to these principles and to the people, and election fraud is eliminated, restoration of our country begins at the ballot box.

18. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    [video]http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/07/russ-feingold-patriot-act-speech_n_3402878.html[/video]

Should have listen to this guy, a Democrat and the only one who voted against it.

Let's see we still end up dead, so what's your point? Last time I checked which party was in control when we passed this bill?

GOP or Democrats cannot fix this problem, they ARE the problem

In 2001 Voted against Patriot Act

Senator Russ Feingold (D-WI)

In 2006 Voted against Patriot Act

Akaka (D-HI)
    Bingaman (D-NM)
    Byrd (D-WV)
    Feingold (D-WI)
    Harkin (D-IA)
    Jeffords (I-VT)
    Leahy (D-VT)
    Levin (D-MI)
    Murray (D-WA)
    Wyden (D-OR)

What's sad is not one "We want less Government candidate" Voted against this Bill, NOT ONE Pathetic

Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
  19. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Seems to me you didn't understand what I said. My point is, again, that I agree they are both the problem and we end up with the same result - but have you ever seen a Model T go as fast as a Ferrari? As a whole, the democrats are long gone but the republicans have a chance to go back to their libertarian conservative roots like that of Goldwater and Reagan. Until they fix themselves, they can't fix the country. Good for Feingold, but one guy and his vote on this particular issue doesn't define all the issues he stands for, nor what his party stands for.

20. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Will let's look at this way your Model T voted 211 yes and 3 nay in 2001 for the Patriot Act, the Ferrari voted 145 yea and 62 na

In 2006 the Model T voted 214 yea and 13 nay, the Ferrari voted 66 yea and 124 nay.

Looks like the model T got an engine upgrade, LOL