Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

It is Starting in WNY.....

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Tony, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So it sure is sounding like it's getting on most places in the North and West .... great day to hunt today by all accounts :)

2. atlasman

atlasman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    What is up my wny treetop brother??

I need to come around and chat more.......I miss you guys. Being a responsible adult sucks sometimes.

I am no where near all day sits yet. My food plots and surrounding woods at my house are showing some nice scrapes lately and the deer are moving just fine but sometimes having too much food is a bad thing. I have apple trees and you know how good the apple crop in NY was this year........I also have tons of acorns and now a couple acres of turnips, radishes, chicory, clover, and oats in the mix and you never know which way the does are gonna go. Anyways the big bucks at my house won't start cruising for a week or so I'm guessing. I killed my 8 last year on Halloween which would be just about right as well. Out at the cabin seems to be even farther behind schedule. My buddy is a trooper and the deer car accidents haven't gone up yet and/or none of us is seeing any sort of action in the woods other than normal roaming. Lots of young bucks on their feet which means it's not far off but I have had up to 12 deer in my plots at once with 3 being young bucks and they couldn't care less about each other. No sniffing, bumping, nothing. Now the sign is picking up as we left the other night with some nice rubs and scrapes showing up on usual buck trails but I think my cabin isn't going to flip until early November.........Election Day and the few following have always been non stop action out there.

We will see soon enough my friend. I'm not gonna waste my precious all day sits just yet though. Not that they are ever a waste but they burn me out and or cause me to make dumb decisions. Just me.

Best of luck man, as always you know I am rooting for you. Rooting for you to get exactly one less deer then I do and a buck a few inches short of mine on the tape :lol: