issues with tuning

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by charness0001, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Like tfox said, If you were closer to me i'd take a look at it for you. I sure hope you get it fixed though, nothing more aggravating that having your bow outta whack.

2. tfox

tfox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Let them know what you've found with the tiller.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

3. J-Daddy

J-Daddy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If your talking about Crazy Horse remember he is closed on Mondays... With him call a day or so ahead of time and make sure he's not out of town or something ... Normally he's always there, but sometimes he has to go out of town... And talk to Shawn and no one else, sometimes his dad answers the phone and he's clueless about bows, and he also has a guy that helps him some and he doesn't have a clue either, both are good guys but NOT bow techs ... Only deal with Shawn on tech issues .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. charness0001

charness0001 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i was planning on going saturday morning, ill call tomorrow and make sure he will be there.

5. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry you are having so much trouble. I had a similar problem with my MR 7 when I had it. The shop changed the limbs because of cam lean. And as you said you can't fix came lean on those because of the yoke system. Also in regard to timing you don't need to take it to a shop if you have a buddy or someone else watch the cams as you draw back slow. The cams should touch the cables at about the same time. You could have one touching and the other not or one putting way more pressure on the cables than the other.

Also from the sounds of it like other people are suggesting it seems like the limbs on top and bottom are of different weight. I just checked the limbs on my Creed XS and did not see any markings so I assume they are covered by the limb pockets. Thats something to verify if you take it to another shop. Push comes to shove call Mission again and complain loudly. Of course be respectful but let them know the issues you are having. I all ask a few shops around me if they have had any issues like yours recently. Keep us posted please.

6. tfox

tfox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Don't be loud when calling companies. Be very humble and polite. There may come a time to get forceful but give them a chance first.

Most of the time, they respond very well to this approach.

Think about how you would respond to someone complaining.

7. BACKSTRAPASSASSIN

BACKSTRAPASSASSIN Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    ^^^excellent

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

8. charness0001

Dislikes Received:
    mission has been great, i dont have issues with them at all, just the product and as long as they do their part to fix it then im good. they have been very fast with emails, calls, got the limbs in a very timely manner. its probably just the timing that the one shop screwed up when they put everything back on the bow. i mean when i picked the bow up from getting the limbs replaced i got home to realize my peep was backwards which means they didnt pay attention. i take it back up there and they press it, take 2 or 3 twists out of the string to turn my peep around. they dont measure anything or double check anything.

9. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    What's sad is their a shop who actually works on peoples bows. I sure hope you find a good shop. There VERY hard to come by in my area for sure.

10. J-Daddy

J-Daddy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hopefully you see this today...Shawn is out of town this weekend and won't be back in the shop until Tuesday "he's closed on Mondays"....He's at some 4-H camp in KY, they are doing some "Shooting Camp" and he's there working it...Shawn is pretty heavily involved in various "Kids in the Outdoors & Shooting Sports" things so he volunteers a ton of his time on weekends and stuff to that kinda thing, which is a good thing...I sent him a message on FaceBook the other night and he said he was out of town until Tuesday morning.

11. charness0001

Dislikes Received:
    thanks for checking, I literally just grabbed the computer to get his number to call and I saw your post. hopefully I can catch him next weekend. I watch my kids in the day and I work nights so I am unable to go during the week.

12. charness0001

Dislikes Received:
    i just read on another site that if the cams are timed properly and your still getting a low tear then you can add twists to the string to fix bc the cam is over-rotating when shot. can anyone tell me if this information is correct?

13. tfox

tfox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Ive not tried it but it might work but your issue is that something is out of whack with the tiller / timing.

I had a bow once that had a high tear regardless of what I did. Changed rest, swapped limbs, changed arrows advanced timing, retarded timing, changed cams, changed strings. You name it, I did it. The only thing that worked was tiller tuning and that took tiller way out and lowered the nock point.

It drove me crazy and felt like crap so I got rid of the bow.

14. tfox

tfox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I even had a friend try on his hooter shooter, it wouldn't tune

15. charness0001

Dislikes Received:
    i sure hope this is not the same case, well i guess we will see next weekend if shawn at crazy horse is working next weekend. if he cant figure it out i might be giving mission another call.

16. charness0001

Dislikes Received:
    hey tfox was that a dual cam bow or a single cam that you had?

17. tfox

tfox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hybrid

18. charness0001

Dislikes Received:
    How to fix cam rotation problems!

here is that other site that i was referring too, just happened to run across it doing some research
    my next big purchase willl be a press so i can try stuff on my bow without having to wait

19. tfox

tfox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That's a good call

20. charness0001

Dislikes Received:
    according to mathews the string should be in the center of the timing holes, mine are not, they are closer to the back of the bow. i asked the last shop about this and they said they was fine bc you could see the string in the hole. maybe it is just timing and that should be easily fixed. i wish i could make it up to the shop tuesday when he is supposed to be back.