issues with tuning

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by charness0001, Mar 11, 2014.

1. charness0001

charness0001 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i might go try crazy horse archery, and trial153 im trying not to spend any more money than i have to. my wife has been all over me bc it seems like i have to take this bow constantly and have something done to it. seems like they fix one thing and mess up another. im just wondering what they could have done when they changed to the limbs that would cause a low tear and i dont mean a slight low tear, im talking the point is about 1-2inches above the fletching at 6 feet. it gets better the farther i shoot at the paper but thats due to the fletching actually catching up to the point.

2. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That stinks for sure...does the mission have the same cam systems like the Chill's?

3. charness0001

Dislikes Received:
    the chills and the blaze both say perimeter weighted avs cams. they basically have the same stats too

4. charness0001

Dislikes Received:
    ok so I checked tiller and it was way off, to get them the same I have two take 2 full turns out of the bottom limb while keeping the top at max

5. tfox

tfox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Bottom limbs out and recheck. Tiller should be real close. If not, your limbs may be mismatched.

If all is good, recheck nock height and set timing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

6. charness0001

Dislikes Received:
    tfox i dont understand what your saying bottom limbs out and recheck. with both limbs tightened as far as they will go the tiller is way off. it took me taking 2 full rotations out of the bottom limb to get the tillers to match. after doing that i paper tuned and got everything squared away and broadheads are shooting close to field points but i still think something is wrong if i have to move the limbs that much just on one side.

7. tfox

tfox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If you tightened the limbs all the way down (highest poundage) the tiller should be real close for a 2 cam and hybrid cam bow.

If it isn't, you most likely have mismatched limbs. Sounds like you got the wrong limbs to me.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  8. charness0001

Dislikes Received:
    they were not close, something close to 1/2 inch i think. the blaze only comes with one set of limbs(there are not different weight limbs) and i just got these put on not to long ago. thats why i didnt know if its something the shop did when they changed the limbs out. this whole bow experience is starting to irritate me, bc all i want to do is shoot and it seems like i am at the shop every other weekend trying to get some answers. i didnt spend $600+ for the bow to sit in its case.

9. tfox

tfox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Did the shop change top and bottom limbs or just one set?

I could be wrong with the tiller but it would be the first bow other than a 1 cam that doesn't have even tiller when bottomed out I have heard of. Even 1 cams are close and exact when running a string from axle to axles and measuring to that string.

Get that bow back to the shop and find out what is going on or call mission.

10. choppersk61

choppersk61 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Why waste time trying to tune, first...cheap broadheads, second broadheads that you will not use to hunt?
    Sounds like you enjoy complicating things...

If your bow was perfectly tuned with target tips, then switching to a broadhead tuning should be just a minor adjustment...

It is for me anyway and I'm no Pro shop expert.

Going from target tips to G5 Montec I shoot couple of inches left and high... easily adjusted.

Then I go hunting...

11. charness0001

Dislikes Received:
    im going to try that shop that was recommended in this thread, the two shops around me just are not worth going to. one eyeballs settings and the other just moans about the other shop and does nothing to fix my issues. im the one who noticed the cam lean, im the one noticing the tiller is off. i know each shop has seen it atleast twice if not more. thats why ill try this new place that was recommended on here, its a little farther of a drive but if they can figure it out then it will be all worth it.

12. tfox

tfox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It would be possible but not likely the timing was way off causing the tiller issue.

It would feel like crap and should be very visible, even at static. There should also be some kind of timing marks on the cams to let you see if the timing is close.

I just looked at a pic online and the cams look to have timing holes that the cables should run through.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  13. charness0001

Dislikes Received:
    yes the cams have timing holes where the string is supposed to be in when at rest. the strings on both sides are the same and are within these holes but they are not close to center of those circles. i could see if one was offset but since they are both the same i figured that was fine. thats why i figured it was something the shops did, too many twists in something or not enough. the tiller was fine before they put the new limbs on.

14. tfox

tfox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Just get it to the shop, if they say it's normal then get to another shop and get a second opinion or call mission.

15. charness0001

Dislikes Received:
    i really appreciate your help tfox, seems like your one of the only few people responding.

16. Bootlegger

Dislikes Received:
    That is whats sad, Most shops don't have a tech that can install a string correctly. I've Been there, and it sucks. I finally broke down and bought me a new EZ Press, never again will the shops touch my bows. The only Bow shop that was good finally closed there doors a few years ago. I bet I've been to 5 different ones since and not one is worth the gas money to go too. I sure hope you get your issue fixed. Since the good shop finally closed I started buying all my bows online, much cheaper. I would give anything to have a good one close to me.

17. tfox

tfox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Wish i could do more. If you want to drive a couple hours I could look at it but not being a dealer, I would have to go through my shop to get parts if need be.

18. charness0001

Dislikes Received:
    ill keep that in mind, im going to try this other shop first bc its a little closer. the internet says they open at 9 so im going to try and be there at 9 to be seen first.

19. Bootlegger

Dislikes Received:
    Let us know how it goes. Hopefully the new shop will know whats going on.

20. charness0001

Dislikes Received:
    hopefully im going to put the limbs back to max and let them start from square one. hopefully this is the last time i have to go to the shop for awhile.