issue with sight pins

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by charness0001, Jun 2, 2014.

1. charness0001

charness0001 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I had a basic sight that came on my bow but I couldn't get the pins close enough together to get the 10 yard increments. my sight was set at 20,40,60,80. I hated this so I went to bass pro yesterday and picked up the react one sight from trophy ridge. I started to sight it in at 20 like the instructions said and then when I went back to 30 it was the exact same. so I contacted trophy ridge they said to start with 30 and then do 40 as my second pin. I moved the housing down to where the 40 should be and its shooting high, then I tried 50 still shooting high. I have the sight set for the fastest speed but the marks the sight is supposed to calculate don't go close enough together.

2. charness0001

Dislikes Received:
    nevermind after much playing around I found the my vane was contacting the top bar on my qad rest causing the arrow to kick up a bit. I removed this and now am shooting it just fine. the sight is still set to the max speed or closest pin gaps but they are dead on now instead of shooting high. This is my first group at 60 yards with this sight. 60 yards.jpg

3. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    What bow do you have? Any idea at the kind of speed / weight of the arrow?

I used to do the 20, 30, 40... but after upgrading I found the 20 and 30 yards pins basically touched. When I had a light arrow my pins were 25, 40, 50, 60... but after going a little heavier I'm at 25, 35, 45...

4. charness0001

Dislikes Received:
    I have a mission blaze, I have no clue on the speed.The arrows weigh around 380 with the point. Its set at 70lbs with a 28.5 draw