ISO PRIVATE LAND TO HUNT IN SE WISCONSIN

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by mathewsmq1, Aug 30, 2017.

1. mathewsmq1

mathewsmq1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm 14 yrs old and I'm looking for some private land to hunt on In se wisconsin because It's hard to compete with the guys that hunt the public land. If you have any private land you'll let me hunt please private message me.

2. Big Feenz

Big Feenz Newb

Dislikes Received:
    There's tons of good hunting land in SE Wisconsin. I'm right over there too. Just ask some farmers near you and see if you can get permission. It's tough when you're young but just try to exchange work for hunting permission. It may get you a spot or two close to home.

3. takemrarely

takemrarely Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If you were my son, I would tell you that a post like this is not the way to fix your problem. If public land hunting is too hard, do some asking around and find a farmer that will let you hunt, OR, work on your skills to be able to compete with the public land hunters.....you cannot fix your problem by typing on a keyboard and waiting for someone to make it go away. Good luck....hope you work it out.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

4. dantheman68

dantheman68 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Public land isn't as bad as it's made out to be. Some of the experienced guys tend to hate on it because they're picky with their deer, the pressure doesn't allow for the types of deer they prefer. The places I've been for bow season haven't had much pressure, typically guys like to sit as close to the road as possible, if you're willing to hike some you can get some private spots.

That being said, I wouldn't hunt SE WI during gun season.

5. Big Feenz

Big Feenz Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Why not during gun season? Is it really that crowded? I'm from Illinois so I get a free gun tag with my Wisconsin license but don't want to pay 120 for a bow tag. Is it even worth the scouting if I can only hunt during gun season?

6. dantheman68

dantheman68 Newb

Dislikes Received:
  7. Huntzilla

Huntzilla Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah I kinda side with takemrarely on this one. You're 14... give Public hunting a shot before you sit on the side lines believing what you hear about public hunting. Never know someone might take you under their wing and show you how to really hunt. I have a podcast dedicated to public hunting called huntzillapodcast.com and am doing my best to help guys like you. Also, check out Dan infalt at huntingbeast.com I promise and everyone will agree w me on this, that if you start hunting public at 14 and really learn how to be good at it. By the time you're 30 you will be light years ahead of everyone else. So give it a shot. It'll be a lot better long term than hunting a few acres of private ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums