Is something wrong with me?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by blacknwhite, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Stick&String96

Stick&String96 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    To each his own. I would love it if no one shot a deer under 3.5 or 4 years old, but thats not going to happen. Some people are in it simply for the meat, yearlings are fair game for them. I think its easy to judge people but we must consider that not everyone is a trophy hunter.

2. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I've literally laid eyes on one buck 3.5YO or older on my 80 acres of land in 4 years. Now tell me I should not shoot a younger deer with a straight face. And we pass younger deer up. But once in awhile you want to kill something too.

3. KYjamesB

KYjamesB Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Dad said "beauty is in the eye of the beholder, said the farmer who kissed the cow." For some, deer hunting is something you do one day of the year, where others it is a year long passion. As I mature as a hunter I watch more and shoot less. And I used to get upset to think ppl who kill anything with antlers, now if that makes them happy then so be it. My first buck was a 4 pointer I took with a bow and little has come close to that thill. I have the antlers mounted in my study. For the gentleman who shot the 8 pointer you saw on camera and patterned, congrats- you patterned him and got him. He is a trophy for that accomplishment. I feel sorry for the fella who goes out and shoots a 200 class buck his first time hunting. He will never know the dream some of us have year after year as we work in the off season to take care of the deer. And one last thought, when you do take a free range large deer hunting hard it'll mean that much more knowing there aren't that many out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. wildernessninja

wildernessninja Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    To each there own.I have shot spike and nub bucks all with guns.passed on a spike a month ago.just wanted a bigger body deer.also part of me does want to hold a nice set of bone.I'm more into filling my freezer like many others. A guy asked me at work if me and a other wanted to lease some land next year. I flat out said I not only can't justify spending money for private land ,but also will not spend money then be told what I can or can't shoot. All thow the wife says I can't bring home any yearling so I guess one person tells me what I can shoot.

5. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    How do you like me now?

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Same as before, you were a pathetic loser before you killed that deer. :lmao2: