Is it true?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by mississippi hoyt shooter, Dec 27, 2016.

1. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've also heard that location mentioned numerous times. Must be something to it.

2. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You're just saying that because it's not available to you. You know you want it! lol

3. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have the channels but do not watch them unless the rat terrier/chihuahua mix wants to watch. She loves the hunting shows and even a dog knows the formula of how the show turns out, she watches and ignores the shots of does and smaller bucks but when the shooter buck comes out she gets off the couch and goes to the TV barking and growling. Same thing when she sits by the front door looking at the pond she only barks at the bucks, she has a low growl for does and fawns.

4. kb1785

kb1785 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That's funny, my dog, a german shepherd, does the same thing with hunting shows. He watches them very intently and can pick the deer movement up before I do. He has learned that when the music goes down and the whispering starts that the shot is coming and he gets all excited. Funny to watch but the wife gets mad when he starts barking after the shot.

BTW, I have never understood how that the hunters and video guys can get away with so much movement and talking with mature deer only 15 to 20 yards away. They apparently are not hunting the same type of deer that I see in my part of the country. If I attempted that type of movement those deer would be gone in a flash.

5. chieffan

chieffan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Don't get the outdoor channels which is fine with me. Use to watch a couple fishing show years ago with the
    BASS pros on them. 10 min of show and 20 min of advertising. Easy to catch fish when you have a diver put them on the lure for you. Probably about the same with the hunting shows.

6. alaska at heart

alaska at heart Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hunting shows are produced somewhat like a move.....they shoot footage at various times and then edit sequences together for the end results. So they can laugh, whisper, comment, etc in the stand and it doesn't effect their actual "hunt". Either that or the pen raised deer are so habituated to human presence that they can get away with most anything and still shoot a big racked buck.

7. kb1785

kb1785 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Agreed about the editing. My comments above were partly tongue in cheek about how that gives an inexperienced hunter the wrong impression about how much movement or noise they can make and still be successful. I will admit to seeing rut crazed bucks stay in a spot even after they have a premonition of danger if a doe they are after doesn't spook so there are different situations where you can get away with more movement/noise.