Is a stabilizer just a stabilizer?

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Vabowman, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Vabowman

Vabowman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have a trophy ridge 5".. not fancy and not sure it helps. But I would be interested in one that helps with vibration and noise. I don't need anything over 6". I been looking at the Mathews Flatliner 139$ and the B Stinger brands. I don't want a heavy one or a long one.. But I am just not sure either of those are better than what I have... the one I have is solid with all rubber.. they don't make it anymore.. so what is your opinion on the dampening noise/vibration of a stabilizer?

2. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have a similar (4") stabilizer. My bow has zero vibration, so I'll assume it's doing it's job. I look at them as more of a dampener than an actual stabilizer. Now, those pro target shooters use serious stabilizers, which they really rely on for accuracy.

3. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    yeh, mine would be soley for vibration and noise.. I don't farther than 30 yds even when practicing.

4. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Go Bee for sure you can take plates(weights) off the end of it. That way you can decide what works best

5. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    and they are a bit cheaper

6. Mod-it

Mod-it Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I've used a lot of cheaper stabilizers over the years.
    My current bow set up I bought an 8" B-stinger for it. If I remember right it is the Hunter version, it has a rubber dampener on the end and 1 oz. disks/weights can be added to the very end of it. I pack my bow often in my left hand, holding the grip with the string facing down. A bit longer stabilizer allows me to let the bow tip forward so that the stabilizer rests on the back of my forearm, I just find that to be a comfortable way to carry it.
    I absolutely love it and feel that it is much better than any other stabilizer I've ever used at drinking up vibration.
    It is very noticeable if I shoot without it on and then with it on. On that note, I also have the quick release coupler for it, very convenient to quickly remove to put in a bow bag.

7. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    That's one I am looking at. I too like it to rest against my forearm as well.. The mathews looks good, it could be a nice match, but I don't think I can justify 140$ stabilizer if the B stinger will work just the same or better

8. Blarney22

Blarney22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I bought the 8" Bee Stinger stab this year for my Mathews Halon 32 and I like it a lot. I paired it with the Bee Stinger quick release because the 8" stab was just a bit too long to fit in my case with the stab on. Be aware that the quick release actually adds about 1" to the overall length of the stab.

9. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    I will get a 6' version...trying to decide if I should go with the Sport hunter extreme or the 6" micro hex

10. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    I do not what this means....see guys say they are running 10/8 and 8/6 or something on their stabilizers...Im too old school to know

11. Blarney22

Blarney22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Im guessing it is the traditional stab in the front and the side bar. 10/8 is probably 10" stab out front and 8" side bar

12. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    oh, yeh I wouldn't know that!

13. JFerg3

JFerg3 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I decided on the Axion 6" stabilizer and I am very happy with it. I feel like it gives me the dampening of the flatline stabilizer with out the price tag. It actually measures longer than 6" (maybe they do not include the end piece of it in that measurement) plus a 1" quick disconnect.

Vabowman likes this.