irritated hunter

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by gene hurt, Sep 21, 2012.

1. gene hurt

gene hurt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ok, my friend and I hunt public land. We have hunted same area for several years. We found a nice buck and put a scrape and camera to get some pics. Go back to freshen scrape 2 days after, camera, cable lock,lock box GONE. What kills me is the only people who would go where we hunt are fellow hunters. It really chaps me that someone had no respect for someone else's property. I told him at least it was a cam and not a stand. Hunters be careful where you leave your stuff.

2. juice9

juice9 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

There jerks out there that have no respect for others. I write on my cameras camera numbers starting with three and try and let them know i have others in the area so if they steal from me I might catch them on another camera.

3. Carl77

Carl77 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ive had a stand jacked before... its kind of a feeling like your heart drops in your gut. I hate that feeling!

4. Cablebob

Cablebob Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I will never put anything on public land over night. My wife bicycle got stolen off our front porch this summer and I live in small town USA. So, thieves and cheaters are everywhere.

5. deerstalker85

deerstalker85 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I too would never recommend leaving something overnight on public land. Several years ago when I hunted some public land I wouldn't even leave my stand overnight...even when I would set in it till dark and planned on getting back there before daylight the next day! People have no respect for others stuff, and when they found your setup they figured FREE CAMERA! Obviously they came there with the intention of stealing someones stuff if they came with the tools to cut your cable! Think I would have a buddy drop me off and lay low in that area a few times and see if I couldn't catch them coming back!

6. MattDota

MattDota Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    thats messed up. i came across a cam last year on public land and i just left it there because its not mine. people have no respect

7. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I got really lucky, had a cam out in public land for a week while I was on vacation just for the fun of it, and had a guy stand in front of it playing ball with his dog, and he left it alone. Dont understand why people steal others stuff, especially hunters stealing other hunters cams and stands and all that. They should know what we go through and respect our stuff.

8. NebBowhunter

NebBowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I got luckly last weekend, someone must have been doing something illegal because they took my SIM card but left my camera. Don't know how many times that has ever happened. My camera's will not be put up on public land any more.

9. NebraskaDeerKilln

NebraskaDeerKilln Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I like to moon cameras i find on public land!

10. d16efhatch

d16efhatch Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    came across a trail cam on state land last week,seen a blinking light out of the corner of my eye and there it was.whoevers cam it was has a picture of me now:)

11. L.I. BOW

L.I. BOW Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry to hear about the camera. I leave 5 stands and 2 cameras on public land. I hunt very far back and I've never seen anyone back there. I would never leave a camera anywhere near a road or trail. People suck and IMO it's not worth it to put it anywhere that it might get noticed. My buddie hunts small pieces and he has had 3 cameras stolen. Same as you cables cut and all. He puts them close to roads and trails. When I go to hang a camera if I even get the inkling that maybe someone might see it I don't hang it. I've come across plenty tail cams while scouting and it never even crossed my mind to steal them. And most were not even locked. Go back further/deeper into the woods well off the beaten trail. Hang you camera back there. Sucks to loose a cam hope it's the last time that happens. Good luck man.

12. BACKSTRAPASSASSIN

BACKSTRAPASSASSIN Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    losing cams really sucks- sorry to hear that you lost one people can be real a$$es- one thing i've done because of this is actually take my climbing sticks in with me when i hang cams and try to put it on a tree limb or something at an angle and out of a persons reach from the ground- obviously you cant do that in all locations and if they are gonna take it they're gonna take it but at least they'd have to work for it that way- best of luck to you

13. selfbros

selfbros Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I hunt private land and had someone steal the SD out of my camera this week. the funny thing is my camera has internal memory as well and it now says "full" fingers crossed I caught the sh** head/s.

14. Carl77

Carl77 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    On the flip side, what do you do when you find someone elses camera on your private land???

15. Cablebob

Cablebob Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    :hijacked: ^^ take it down and pin a note to the tree with my name a phone number.

16. necamogirl

necamogirl Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Sickening. Ive had a camera locked to a tree on private land jacked. My brother had a stand locked up jacked as well. Takes some balls to rip off other peoples property. Never thought it would be an issue. Next time I will leave a note up that they are being filmed on another camera. Maybe that will deter them...probably not

17. Muzzy Man

Muzzy Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    First pull the card and see if there is a picture of the owner, then take it down and bury it in a fire-ant bed.

18. bowsie15

bowsie15 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    It sux man I've had one taken from me and I was more pissed because I wanted to see the pics. Just no respect. On the flip side I found one near my stand on private land. There were a few others allowed on it so all I did was turned it around so it wouldn't be flashing while I was in here. It was gone the next day. I like the note on it idea. Something like if your reading this you are on another camera rite now. Might work might not.

19. HOLDFASTHANK

HOLDFASTHANK Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm sorry to hear that. I always find cameras and stands, but I never thought about taking them. I honestly could go out today and come back with 4-5 trail cams and over 30 stands, but I know how hard people work to get this stuff. The worst part about it is more than likely it was another hunter. It will come back to them.it always does. Keep your head up, goodluck this season

20. midnighthunter

midnighthunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My property is so big. I catch anyone stealing my stuff while I'm in a stand and see them do it. I wouldn't have no problem finding a small location in my 1,600 acre property to bury them.