Iowa

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by IAMIKE, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Bentarrow

Bentarrow Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    For those of you that got out this morning good luck can't wait to hear and see what you got or got to see I won't get to get out today myself we had a busy day taking care of some trespassors we caugh on one of the trail cams finaly so need to let the land com down some.

2. IAMIKE

IAMIKE Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That sucks you had trespassers, where were they? I didnt mke it out this morning but thinking about going out in a few hours, and I heard they are moving like crazy this am.

3. Wesley Lofton

Wesley Lofton Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    They were not moving on my land in SE Iowa. Checked cams also, and deer movement has declined big time. Getting very few day time pics, and not as many night time pics as I have been getting. Think after next week when the cooler temps get here it should get better.

4. fishingdude93

fishingdude93 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Going out this weekend. I think they will be moving with this cold weather coming in on Friday night. Hopefully it is good!

5. Wesley Lofton

Wesley Lofton Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Still no movement in daylight for me here in se Iowa. Seen one doe this morning just after shooting light, she skirted the fence line and never cam in the woods.

6. fishingdude93

Dislikes Received:
    Went out Saturday morning and saw 6 does and a little 4pt. I thought it was pretty good for the first hunt of the year!

7. Bentarrow

Dislikes Received:
    I had pretty much the same luck as you two forkies sparing and a doe and fawn and a few turkey came by. Was thinking this front that came through may help some here but every one else are seeing pretty much the same thing so may wait and go out this weekend we got another front going to move in and cool us down some. Hey guys i do have a question for you I've been bow hunting for 39 years now and been looking into some new broadheads but these prices they want now days are insane!!! The price for 3 is just nuts I love the NAP and Muzzy use to be a die hard Rocky use till they went out and only would pay around 29 to 32 dollars for 6 but 40 to almost 50 dollars for 3 that's just insane so my question to you is are there any broadheads out there that aren't going to break the bank?

8. Bentarrow

Dislikes Received:
    I had pretty much the same luck as you two forkies sparing and a doe and fawn and a few turkey came by. Was thinking this front that came through may help some here but every one else are seeing pretty much the same thing so may wait and go out this weekend we got another front going to move in and cool us down some. Hey guys i do have a question for you I've been bow hunting for 39 years now and been looking into some new broadheads but these prices they want now days are insane!!! The price for 3 is just nuts I love the NAP and Muzzy use to be a die hard Rocky use till they went out and only would pay around 29 to 32 dollars for 6 but 40 to almost 50 dollars for 3 that's just insane so my question to you is are there any broadheads out there that aren't going to break the bank?

9. fishingdude93

Dislikes Received:
    I have heard a lot of people use the NAP Killzonse which run $40 for 3. I use the NAP Blood runners which also run about the same.

10. Bentarrow

Dislikes Received:
    We're getting a much needed rair right now but we didn't need these high winds other wise it would of been a nice blind night. I see we do have another cool down going to make it's way in so looking forward to that.

11. scarps23

scarps23 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Trophy Taker Shuttle T Locks are $35. They fly well. I shot a doe this year with them. I bought them for hunting out west because expendables weren't an option. They have a ton of good reviews. Did the job for the doe I shot. Stuck in the ground 8-10 inches after pass through.

First sit last Wed on 10/9 I saw two decent bucks. One was around 130 and was 30 yards away broadside. Since then I haven't seen much for deer or bucks. A lot of corn in my area still left to be picked. Should pick up after the crops are out and some colder weather.

12. Cablebob

Cablebob Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sat last night. Saw a blue jay and a grey squirrel. Hoping to get out lat this week, Probably Thursday. Deer haven't been browsing Acorns very much here. I'm sure that will change with all the picking I see going on.

13. IAbowhunter345

IAbowhunter345 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hows movement been for you guys? Been out a couple days and nothing but a couple does out of range. Got a really good buck on cam just after dark moving with some other decent bucks.

14. Bentarrow

Dislikes Received:
    I looked into those and have to say they look like they'll do the job ty for the info.I've only got to go out one time sofar but maybe this weekend we got that big cold front coming in so thing will be moving around more i'm sure and the trail cams have been full lately with video and pictures.I wish you guys all good luck if you get a chance to get out before then and may your arrows fly true.

15. fishingdude93

Dislikes Received:
    I have only been out one morning and that was two weeks ago. Had a 4pt walk in at 25yds and eat acorns and walnuts for 30min. Does came in after him and did the same thing. Must be just different area deer doing different things.

16. IAMIKE

IAMIKE Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Went out Oct 5/6th and took a doe that saturday night. have been out two more mornings on my Winterset land, saw 3 coyotes and pissed off a bunch of cows. Hate them. Have not been down to Booner Country since the 5th. Will be heading down the 9th and then the 15th-18th for some quality hunts.

17. fishingdude93

Dislikes Received:
    Just wondering how everyone has been doing the past week. Also wondering what action you are seeing or hoping to see as far as the rut goes. I am hoping to start to see a little daylight movement from bucks in my area this weekend.

18. Bentarrow

Dislikes Received:
    Still been pretty slow even with this cold front that hit here but as the crops get out I'm sure thing will get only better.

19. scarps23

scarps23 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Same here with lots of crops in. Seeing more deer on side of the road though.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

20. Iowa Veteran

Iowa Veteran Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Crops are coming out quickly in my hunting area. Hand is healed enough to pull back the bow. Will be hunting tomorrow.