Interesting Wildlife Seen While Hunting

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Note, Nov 21, 2016.

1. JLhunts

JLhunts Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Had a fisher walk around my stand last week that was pretty cool never seen one before

2. Parker70

Parker70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have one stand where I always see sugar gliders (flying squirrel's). I think they have a nest in the hole about 8 feet above my stand.

3. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I saw a mink for the first time this year. Pretty cool little critter.

I remember seeing my first bobcat in '07 when there weren't hardly any around here, but now they have a decent population.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

4. Marauder

Marauder Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Saw a badger once!

5. Comcam

Comcam Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I had a crow land in a tree next to me, next thing you know about 50 of um fly in and land all around me. The sound was defining as they all squawked and stuff.

Thought I was busted but they left and a doe came in at least

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Jeepwillys

Jeepwillys Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Saw something similar last year. A couple crows were squawking out in front of the neighbors house at sun up. He came out and blasted one with a shotgun. The other two flew off. About 15 mins later they came back with hundreds of friends and landed at the house and made a deafening racket. I thought the end was near but the guy had the balls to come back out and starting shooting again.

7. Jeepwillys

Jeepwillys Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Seen a squirrel eyeing a tree branch in front of me to jump to. Bobbing his head up and down judging the distance. He stuck the landing but the branch broke and he fell 20' to the ground holding on to the branch and landed flat on his back. Quick as lightning he was back up the tree straightening out his hair and tail and looking around to make sure no one saw it. It was so stinking comical that it ruined my morning because I was laughing so hard.

8. Wisconsin Buckwatch

Wisconsin Buckwatch Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This year i had a pileated woodpecker(the huge ones) flying what seemed to be right at me landed on a tree about 3 yards away and start hammering on the tree for a bit that was a first. I was also swallowed up by flock of blackbirds must have been hundreds just sounding off it was loud as hell. I'd love to see a badger, but never have. I see northern harriers cruising the crp and crop fields every fall, I really enjoy watching them.

9. Lifeofarush_06

Lifeofarush_06 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    saw some big hairy man, I think he lived off the grid. was like 6ft 8 though, was a big guy. tried to fallow him by tracking his feet, man they were big! Anyway never found the guy, he's probably still out there...

10. Incog

Incog Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Squirrel belly flop...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  11. ruteger

ruteger Guest

-

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2020
  12. ruck139

ruck139 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Saw a doe with antlers a couple years ago, I got an up close and personal look, it was definitely a doe. Same season I saw a doe that had white lower legs and feet. She looked like she was wearing bright white socks! Her tail was all white too, not just the underside.
    This year I twice saw a doe with a yellow ear tag, and the nearest tagging is at least 20 hard miles away, where they are giving does birth control!

13. Gator Dale

Gator Dale Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My best is a Canada bear trip a lynx came in behind me on the trail I took to the stand and never seen him leave. But here at home in amazement is watching the wood ducks navagate the timber flying

14. BigPhil_H

BigPhil_H Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    A grey fox climb a tree and pop his head in a hole. I had no idea they could climb.

15. twmessmer

twmessmer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  16. Arkyinks

Arkyinks Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    One morning setting near the Buffalo River in Arkansas I thought I was dreaming when a emu walked by my stand. Seems the market had fallen but the high price of feed had not, so a guy just released them in the woods. They did not last long.

17. fox hollow 2

fox hollow 2 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I saw a mink messing around in the creek where I hunt. I'm not a trapper, so I don't see them very often.

18. rth548

rth548 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Last year I had a red-tailed hawk land on the back of my climber. I guess he thought the bar would be a good place to watch the woods from. I've also had owls land close by before dawn, never knew it until it got light enough to see them. Just a sensation that something had flown by.
    I had a hawk catch a rabbit in front of my blind last fall, that was pretty cool to see. Nature can sure be brutal.
    Just this week, I saw a solid black squirrel. We don't have fox squirrels here, so this was pretty rare.