Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Infamous WI Bowhunter Busted!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by MAT, Jan 9, 2013.

1. NEW61375

NEW61375 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Another day maybe, I tend to be long winded and sometimes end up rambling. While it is your quote my statement is more broad and relates to the forums in general.

2. Backcountry

Backcountry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Perhaps so, but my statement pertained to this thread entirely.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

3. NEW61375

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, I'm aware. wolf

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  4. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I was just stating that you made it sound like everyone was against him. I simply said that I talked to one of the directors this morning who was sticking up for his past. In fact, he was just here picking up my meat grinder. Anyways, maybe you missed the last part of my post where I said "Of course, that's his opinion."

5. Backcountry

Backcountry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Glad we are on the same page

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

6. NEW61375

Dislikes Received:
  7. BowHuntingFool

BowHuntingFool Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

Its all good Dan! I was speaking more of the WBH members then directors, the WBH members that have contacted me or me contacting them...I respect everyones opinion!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  8. MAT

MAT Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Some of you guys have no idea how far RC reached in his efforts to control everyone. He even blackmailed a WBH member archery club with a BS legal threat to keep them from printing an opinion piece he didn't like in their newsletter. He tried the same trick with me but my neighbor is an attorney and he laughed while the WBH spent membership money on theirs. But it worked to get me booted off online forums. Give RC credit he was very effective in controlling all communications. Still is to some extent, as there are a bunch of law abiding folks who can’t post elsewhere while he continues to act like nothing happened.

IMO RC did more damage to the WBH and deer hunting than anyone. I think it’s the #1 reason why their membership continues to sink. That’s not good for any of us. Remember when the WBH supported the bear bill, the one a bowhunting legislator called anti-bowhunting? That was RC working in cahoots with a pro-baiting organization.

But the real issue for the WBH is, will they grant RC an exception to their rules? I am pretty sure their bylaws state that you can’t be a member if you had a bowhunting violation in the last 3 years. WBH president Brust’s quote in WON was misleading, he said they had no specific rules related to directors. Well, you can’t be a director if you can’t be a member, and RC violated WBH rules as a members and can't be one. If they don’t kick him off then there will be hell to pay. The WBH board is are meeting this Saturday to take up the matter. If you have an opinion, better let them know ASAP. We need a strong WBH, to do that the real bowhunters have to take it back.

RC is also a member of the WTA. I’m not sure of their bylaws but I know the directors recently discussed this. I would hope they would kick out anyone who intentionally violated game laws.

9. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I am sending the "cleaner" RC's way. He should be able to do some damage control for RC....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I am on my phone, I don't have a page 10

Help me out, I am bored in a meeting.

11. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If you think illegally feeding deer, possibly spreading CWD. Then hunting over the food (which over here, will get you in handcuffs), is the same as going 65 in a 55, then I guess we'll continue to disagree.

12. jeffacarp

jeffacarp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've counted no less than 10 "LOL's" in this thread....

....anyone finding some sheds yet?

13. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    What I'm saying is it's obviously a minor enough law that the states don't even agree on what is legal and what is not. What is illegal in the county he baited isn't even illegal in every county in WI. So no, I don't see a huge difference. He was fined, just like he would have if he had been going 65 in a 55, no jail time, no community service, no loss of privileges, just a monetary fine. I'm not speaking of ethics, I'm talking about law. Two totally different things and only very thinly related.

Here's a list(best I could find) of all the different state regulations in regards to baiting deer in each state.

http://www.lucky-buck.com/baitinglaws.html

Ethically speaking, I agree it's very bad judgement to bait where disease is know and prevalent.

14. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Whether it is a minor infraction or not does not matter in this situation to me. If you are going to talk high and mighty and make it seem you are better than some one else because you are going to bait or use a food plot even where legal and to call a food plot a bait plot then you better stand up and take all the crap you deserve when you are a hypocrite.

15. dprsdhunter

dprsdhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    rancid is one of those people who feed off being superior........more knowledgeable.......the best at what ever.
    Whether he was or not didnt matter as long as people thought he was. He had the gift of talk and Im sure he was able to convince many he was great.
    Truth be told rancid wasnt half as good at all the things he came off as. Truth be told rancid wasnt the great ethical hunter he proclaimed to be.........which I guess now is obvious.

I would think rancids circle of friends changes frequently. After awhile he is figured out or you would just get sick of him and his blow hard ways.

Honestly I never did like the man and have to agree with others that he is a Tool.

16. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    After re-reading some post I am going to take news advice and not laugh at rancid, but I will still smirk a bit:)