Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Infamous WI Bowhunter Busted!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by MAT, Jan 9, 2013.

1. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Okay, and that's your opinion. To me morals or character never stops at any place, for any subject or any situation...do I fail, constantly but I own them and admit them. Are there things that tarnish your character or morals more than others, definitely but all decisions we make cause our character to either get better or get worse (IMO).

At least that's the way I feel and will raise my kids, Lord willing my wife and I are blessed with some.

2. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

That's all you've been doing on this thread.

You are acting like a Jr. High school girl.

For what it's worth, even though the guy was over the top a lot of times, he certainly was a talented individual. I liked the guy, especially his instructional threads. To laugh and carry on the way some of you are is just plain immature at best.

3. BowHuntingFool

BowHuntingFool Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

There are a lot of Wisconsin Bowhunters that feel the same way about Kulas and the WBH, once he got involved with the organization, they let their membership expire. Some even revoked their lifetime membership because of this fraud. He is a poacher and a liar, he brought all this upon himself and he would want it this way, he deserves everything he''s got coming!

4. Indiana Hunter

Indiana Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Love it Brad!

5. BowHuntingFool

Dislikes Received:

Greg I'm guessing you only know him from here?? Why do you think he showed up here, then got the boot so quickly, he is running out of forums to post on, well except the bowsite where he has a "buddy" thats the admin! I've dealt with the guy for way to many years on forums. I'm also a member of WBH and he was one of my District directors, not acceptable! Sorry!

6. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

And I will keep laughing. You have your choice I have mine, he's a fraud, that is all he will ever be. Just like lance armstrongs of the world.

7. NEW61375

NEW61375 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    While I'd agree he stepped in it in this situation I don't think I'd condemn or pretend to know who someone is based on this situation or their on-line personality. Had it been someone else(who was considered less toolish by the masses) I doubt so many people would be thrilled about it. That being said I can see how he kinda asked for it considering some of his prior comments or "stances" on certain topics. He made himself look silly. The only thing that would have made this story truly entertaining for me would have been if he killed the buck with a crossbow.

I have to be honest here, I have a file I save links to stories or articles I may want to reference in the future and almost all of the ones from BH.C were links to his "how to" threads. Many of those are quite amazing.

8. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You are right, I only knew him from here. I also believe that he deserved to get banned. To carry on like a bunch of school girls about this is rediculous. I thought we were better than that (forum as a whole).

9. NEW61375

Dislikes Received:
    He's a fraud for baiting deer after stating he doesn't, ok I get that(although I probably wouldn't use that term). But to say that's all he ever will be is just dumb. He's probably more like many hunters on this thread than you give him credit for. He seemed to be a doting father, a respectful son, and a down right smart guy. He screwed up and will live with that and pay his fine. I wish the dumbest thing I ever did was throw out a few pounds of corn to deer. I guess I will always be what I was at my worst.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  10. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Good for you, again it's not about the act, it's how he presented himself.

I did not put him on a pedestal, he did, I did not say those who bait our poachers, he did.

I have no idea if he's a good father or not, nor do I care. What I do know is he is a fraud and a liar.

11. NEW61375

Dislikes Received:
    What is "good for me" is knowing that it is always easier to pass judgement than to be forgiving. Knowing that makes it easier for me to try and be empathetic towards others or forgiving towards them even when they have brought their hardships on themselves and even if they are sometimes d-bags.

12. John Galt

John Galt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    So is the president of our country , coincidence I think not.

13. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    There is also the aspect you can forgive, but use this as teaching to others. I forgive RC for staining the hunting community I'm part of but will also use his mistake as an example of what not to do, that's just being a responsible hunter. From the brief pm convos I've had with RC I have a feeling this will change him, I pray it does.

14. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Pot is stirred enough already John...don't add more :)

15. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I wish everyone that got caught illegally baiting/feeding, would suffer the same humiliation. Comparing it to speeding is a joke.

16. NEW61375

Dislikes Received:
    How bout a DUI then? Think any members here have gotten those? I know the context is different but it doesn't mean they are scumbags who will always be drunk drivers.

17. BowHuntingFool

Dislikes Received:

You don't get it, he was a director for the WBH representing thousands of hunters, he does this, gets caught, lies about it, writes a sob story for all to see which contains more lies, the warden tells the true story of what happens and the Wisconsin Bowhunters are up in arms about it as they should be, he just gave this organization a huge black eye, and you think we're giving him a hard time? I have to laugh! Yes, I am a member of the WBH and yes, he was my district director!

18. John Galt

John Galt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I was just trying to point out some of his positive qualities that most Americans look for in their leaders . :)

19. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Passing judgement, lol. I am not passing any judgment.

He broke the law, got caught, lied about it.

20. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    NEW, I understand the fingers pointing here is to a degree that it's more wrong on their parts than RC's (justified or not justified). However, there is nothing wrong with what FEB said, baiters/poachers or anyone else who willingly and knowingly breaks a hunting law I too would love to see humilated and prosecuted to the highest degree it can be. Do I wish ill things upon the individual? NO. Do I hope it changes them? MOST DEFINITELY.

Your drunk driver example is a great example. Being a drunk driver doesn't mean you're a scumbag for life, but for that moment in their life they are a scumbag (only using that term because it was the term used). Is a cheater a scumbag when they cheat once for the rest of their life? No, but they were at the moment. Accountability and punishment should always be praised and desired by us towards our fellow man, but as you state so should forgiveness as well....and unlike a lot of people think both are possible.