Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Infamous WI Bowhunter Busted!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by MAT, Jan 9, 2013.

1. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I bet he actually does pad the seat.

2. Matt

Matt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I hate to be mean and forward, but if anyone else had this happen to them im pretty sure the discussion would be different. But RC was, to quote Germ....a 'tool'.

3. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I never had any qualms with him, enjoyed a lot of his how to threads. I never followed his water cooler postings but have read a few if them. I'm not too worried about karma on issues like this, I find it amusing because he broke the laws he helped to have enacted.

This says it all, from page 2 of the linked article by the OP. I would think that if anything, karma struck him. No?

Kulas knew baiting/feeding deer is illegal in Portage County. Writing as “Retch Sweeney” on an April 23, 2012, online forum, he said: “I don’t place bait. It’s illegal in the parts of Wisconsin I hunt. If it were legal, I would still not place bait. I hunt dairy (agricultural) lands, so there is plenty of ag-intended bait I hunt around.”

On another online forum in August 2011, Kulas wrote: “Unless those ‘magic stumps’ are within 50 yards of your house, they are illegal bait sites, which makes (you) as good as a poacher.”

4. John Galt

John Galt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'll bet he was a closet Noter Dame fan too,

And most likely a dog shooter to boot!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  5. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

Karma maybe a *****, as RC is finding out but with that being the case I still dont think its an excuse on our parts to act common and uncouth.

6. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I am not giddy, and I also had some great interactions with the man...I still may have him re-furbish an old knife I got (he does great work there). Honestly, RC always preached about morals and following the baiting laws. I understand RC may have had the "intent" this time to produce some deer with the corn for his father...however it's still breaking a law he definitely knew about, PERIOD. I highly doubt this was his very first time breaking this law and his strong testament against baiting was simply a cover for something he's done prior...someone who dumps corn on opening day of the season is a someone whose done it before. Think about it, if he wasn't a baiter it would be more than likely later in the season when the going got tough, deer sightings were hard to come by that he'd do it as a last resort...

RC broke the law, knowingly and willingly...and should be punished and used as an example. Granted that should be done with respect in the sense he is a fallable man, just like all of us, but one who made a mistake and now either needs to own it and change or continue to be a stain in the hunting world. Either way we, the good clean hunters, need to make sure every hunter we know hears about stories like these and our disgust about them. Only good hunters can battle bad hunters...

I do hope RC changes, mans up and admits all wrong doing...but that is between him and God (IMO)...all I know is he's a fine example of how stuff like this is wrong, should not be passed on to other hunters and puts a stain on the hunting community.

7. boof

boof Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I started coming to BH.com about a month before he got banned. For that first month, I thought this forum was 70% political bull**** and 30% hunting. It was really almost enough for me to never come back. I remember talking to a buddy about it and telling him all that was on here was politics and religion.

It didnt take long after RC left that the forums calmed down. Im positive if it was still like that, I wouldnt be here.

8. Matt

Matt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This is spot on IMO, im sure you werent alone.

9. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    The timing of the elections will cause that on every online forum to an extent (especially if you have a water cooler section). Glad you stuck around, lots of good here...even if you gotta find it at times similar to hunting for sheds...can be tough at times but gems are there.

10. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Act the way you see fit, I am and will keep laughing my *** off at this fraud.

I bet he voted for Obama also, haha

11. boof

boof Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I understood it was around election time, but I remember logging on and seeing three new threads a day from him that said something like "THIS IS WHY MERICA IS DYING! look at this article about that wussy OBAMA!". And then he would link some article that came from a website no one heard of. It was really bad for the forums.

Again, I only started coming here a little before he was banned. Not sure what it was like before that.

12. buttonbuckmaster

buttonbuckmaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You really think God cares that he dumped some corn?

13. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I laughed, a lot

14. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    We make choices on the type of person we choose to be, it's called morals by some, character by others. God most definitely cares about the decisions we make, practices we teach others and how we treat others. RC chose to play a game that has rules, God commands that we follow the laws set before us if they do not go against his commandments; and even then we are to respect the laws as much as possible.

I stated that was "IMO (in my opinion)" so asking me if I believe that is kinda obvious right?! :)

15. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I would guess it wasn't his first time baiting, lets be real. There's about a 0% chance a game warden would find a bait pile on private property unless someone turned him in. One thing RC was good at was creating enemies, so I'm sure somebody got their revenge by turning him in. If he really was hunting out of that tower blind, I can't seem to figure out why you would even bother, considering it was on the field edge to begin with. Pretty silly if you ask me.

16. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    It's only funny to those who feel the dumping of the corn is the issue, it's more about the choice of breaking a known law and decimating his hunting character, tarnishing the names of his family and friends and putting as I stated another stain on hunters in general. Could have been any law broken.

17. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    While I agree that there are consequences to breaking laws, I don't see feeding/baiting as a law with a very high "Morals" kinda law. I would equate it to speeding or jaywalking. It's not even illegal in several states.

18. BowHuntingFool

BowHuntingFool Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

I disagree with you, he has done nothing for hunting except to further his own agenda, sad!

19. buttonbuckmaster

buttonbuckmaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This.

I thought it was funny that he got caught, well, because he was a blowhard. Not becuase of the act itself.

20. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It's not the baiting, it was the way he put himself on a pedestal. He put himself above others. He preached/talked down to almost everyone, now we find out all he is a hypocrite and a liar. That's who rc is to me, and what he will always be.