Inexpensive Youth Bow

Discussion in 'WANTED' started by jfergus7, Oct 29, 2010.

1. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    My younger daughter really wants a bow now. We went tonight and looked at the new Diamond Razor Edge but she is still a bit small for it. It weights to much so she can't hold it up to shoot.

Think I need to get her one of the small Bear youth bows. If anyone has one they are looking to get rid of please let me know. Would rather buy used then new for something she will probably only get one season out of before ready to move up to the Edge!

2. Florida Marine

Florida Marine Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I got my son a Nuclear Ice, smaller then the Razor Edge.

Check the classifieds on AT, it was reasonable - and left handed...poor kid is left eye, right handed.

3. jfergus7

Dislikes Received:
    I will definetly do that. I am the same way that he is left eye right handed but I shoot a right handed bow. Just takes alot of practice and being aware of it all the time to make up for it!

4. Live2Draw

Live2Draw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    ever think of maybe a recurve?

5. jfergus7

Dislikes Received:
    She has one already that she shoots but she wants to shoot a compound like her dad and older sister. I don't care eitherway as long as she is having fun and developing the love of archery!

6. Hoytultrasport

Hoytultrasport Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    To be honest walmart has a nice Bear brave2 that would proably be perfect it comes with everything you need it has a wisker bisket rest a quiver it's got it all and it's only $90 can't beat that price

7. jfergus7

Dislikes Received:
    Think that is the model I was looking at but the store I was at wanted $119 for it in the camo which is what she wants. Think I will be taking at trip to Wally world this weekend instead! Thanks for the info!

8. jfergus7

Dislikes Received:
    Actually she has the Brave 2 recurve bow already. She loves shooting it. Think I will go pick up the Brave 3 which is the compound bow. Looking at the specs I think she is still to small for the Warrior 3 and by the time she is ready for that I will get her the Diamond Razor Edge.

9. michael_pearce

michael_pearce Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I bought my 3 yr old a razor edge and I have to help her with it too. But bear has a new youth bow out that she can hold and it goes up to 50 lbs. It is the most adjustable bow out there. I took her to cabelas and they set it up for her and she shot it with no prolem. Its costly but worth it . I'm going to buy it in the spring when prices go back down. The ones that are at walmart suck they strecth way to fast and then are junk. I did that too. Good luck