inexpensive arrow wraps

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by rick-florida, Sep 20, 2014.

1. rick-florida

rick-florida Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    For those who either don’t want to pay a buck an arrow wrap, I’ve been making my own wraps for years and it’s easy to do and you can make good looking and functional wraps for pennies. I’ve tried to attach two pictures to this post. One is of two arrows, one with a wrap made of decorative plastic tape and the other printed out on my computer on bumper sticker paper and cut into strips. The second photo is a farther shot showing the roll of tape and one of the printed out wraps that is still flat. The design and colors are only limited to your imagination and they are so cheap you can experiment to find what you like and it won’t break the bank. These won’t put the custom wrap folks out of business and I wouldn’t want to. But for those looking for inexpensive wraps this has worked for me. rick

Attached Files:

2. Muzzy Man

Muzzy Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Used some reflective tape strips for cresting this week on some new arrows. I was thinking of using decal paper as well because I just spent 16.00 for shrinkable wraps from Easton. What about durability?

3. rick-florida

rick-florida Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The bumper sticker wraps have survived two years of Florida and Massachusetts hunting with no issues. While they've gotten soaked in a couple rain storms, they've had a chance to dry out at the end of the day and been fine. If I were camping in a tent for a week of wet weather hunting where they stayed damp of wet and could not dry out am not sure how they would hold up, thus my recent work with the plastic tape. So far though am pleased with both.
    great idea on the reflective tape.

4. Muzzy Man

Dislikes Received:
    I'll try to post some pics.

5. colton96

colton96 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Onestringer is my go to for arrow wraps. fair price and usually throws in a few extra with my order

6. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Same here. Mindy always sends 14-15 wraps so they are not $1/ea. But even if they were a buck it's worth it to me because they are a quality product with excellent customer service.

I have tried the DIY yourself wraps in the past (reflective tape, printed my own, paint, etc.) but went back to OneStringer. The printed ones got ruined in a heavy rain and the reflective tape is just too plain for my tastes LOL. I like my arrows to both perform and look pleasing to me.

Good job though rick-florida. As long as you are happy with the outcome then that is all that maters. A lot of guys enjoy DIY and you give some good ideas.

7. Muzzy Man

Dislikes Received:
    So I bought some new arrows... did them myself... I now have as much into the, nocks, inserts, wraps, glue and feathers than the arrows themselves. LOL