Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Indiana EHD outbreak ...

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by 0317, Aug 28, 2024.

1. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    with all the heat, I knew this was coming ..

A significant number of suspected EHD cases have been reported in deer in Wabash, Allen, Pike, Warrick, Miami, Huntington, and Porter counties along with additional reports typical for what is reported each year in 22 other counties. As of Aug. 28, DNR has tested deer and confirmed EHD in Wabash, Allen, Huntington, Wells, Porter, and Perry counties.

https://www.journalgazette.net/loca...cle_3c6e9ae4-6557-11ef-81cb-bb373b959871.html

2. INbowhunter

INbowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yep it's all around me, one of my farms was hit over by Wabash. Every county I hunt has it pretty bad right now. Seen lots of pictures of dandy bucks floating down the river right next to the farm I hunt.

3. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    that sucks .. Porter is one that has been hit(dont hunt my home county any longer), Im heading back to the state area tomorrow to check several more trees/stand locations, I havnt seen/smelled any dead there ... yet ...two more days of heat then a slight cool down ... damage has been done I'm sure

4. Bone Head Hunter

Bone Head Hunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I found a dead deer by the pond on my river place. Young fawn. Not sure how it died, but it's been there a while and the coyotes and bob cat haven't touch it. Leads me to believe it might be.

5. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    the eye gnats/cattle gnats were the worst Ive seen in a while today while checking 3 more stand locations . .. mosquitos I can spray for, these things are like kamikaze's, go straight into the eye .. 40% deet dosnt slow 'em ..... one reason I dont like early season, thermacell wont stop 'em either ... nasty things