Importance of hand position reminder

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Kfili, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Kfili

Kfili Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yesterday I was making sure my broadheads were still dialed in, since the bow has been going in and out of the car ect. My BHs were grouping tight at 40 but way off my FPs. I was getting super frustrated, moving rest around but couldnt get them together. Finally lost light and gave up for the day with the bow back as it was. I was talking to a buddy about who reminded me sometimes its the indian, not the bow. I thought that didnt make sense since my BHs were grouping well, just off the POI of my FPs. I was reading on the forums and heard someone mention hand position causing this, since basically a flethed arrow will correct a FP better than a BH, you still get the groups, but in different spots. Went back out today, really focused on my bow hand and was smacking groups together out to 50 with my BHs that have been run through animals already. Every now and then I would waver a little in my grip and my arrow would be way off. I blame the constant practice with FPs that are 4 flethed, they just correct so well in flight they are so forgiving I got lazy with my grip and didnt notice any change when shooting out to 60. Glad I got it figured out before I started making serious adjustments.

ash d likes this.
  2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Most of the time it is the indian.

DaltonGang and Kfili like this.