I'm hunting a spot in the morning..

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Rory/MO, Nov 28, 2008.

1. Rory/MO

Rory/MO Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That gives me "that" feeling every time I know I'm going to be hunting it. I originally wasn't planning on hunting tomorrow morning, and just expected to muzzleloader hunt Saturday evening and all day sunday about a half hour from home. But I asked my mom if she'd drop me off for a morning bow sit behind my aunt's house, about 5 minutes from my driveway. This is where I hunted a few times early season, and only hunted for about 5 sits (only 2-3 hours on average) and each time I went I saw more than 6 deer. The best sit I had there I saw 15 deer in about an hour and a half (yes it's a suburban area:beer:). I'm really excited to say the least, it's also where my brother's killed 2 does this year, and hunted just as little as I have. Hopefully I'll be able to update this thread with some harvest photos before I head out for the muzzleloader hunt ;). IF I kill a deer in the morning, I think I'm going to be done gun hunting for the year, and duck hunt until mid to late December. We'll see.

Good luck to everyone in the morning, I'll check this tomorrow before I leave in the afternoon:d.

2. OKbowhunter

OKbowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck my friend. It sounds like the stage is set:d

3. Schultzy

Schultzy Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck Rory!!

4. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I wish you the best of luck!

5. Sliverflicker

Sliverflicker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This could be the day, Good Luck.

6. Rory/MO

Rory/MO Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Wierd morning for me. I went in thinking that I'd shoot anything that walked by, since I haven't killed one with the bow yet. Well LONG story short, I had a doe and a button buck around me for about a half hour this morning. Plenty of chances to shoot, but just never did. The closest they got was about 3 yards from the base of my tree. It's amazing how much you can learn just by watching them and not shooting.
    Here's some pictures I took this morning. All from the stand, except for the one where you see the stand :d

Grandma's house
    [​IMG]
    Aunt's house
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]