Illinois opener..

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by Hunter4Life, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Hunter4Life

Hunter4Life Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Today was the first day of turkey season here in Illinois and i had no intentions on going considering the weather forecast of thunderstorms and tornado warnings and the fact that i worked 7 12-14 hour days last week and i have finals at school today. But i got woke up this morning and to my suprise it wasnt raining so i decided to go. I had decided that the fiance was up to bat first since her time to hunt is more limited than me and i would just film and call for her. Well good thing i decided to take her because as we were walking through the woods she spotted 3 turkeys so we get set up and uh oh nature calls and its telling me there is no waiting so i sneak back far enough to take care of business and i sneak back into position. We set there for about 20 min. calling very little just enough to keep the birds interested, well we get one to come our way. This bird was reading the script, i was getting awesome footage and he was on a line. Well then here comes the rain and its not letting up so i have to shut the camera off, but i was still going to let my fiance try and kill her first bird, but it started raining harder and he hung up and was at about 40 yards and i had decided to let her take the shot but she missed him. so here we are running back to the truck both soak and wet and then we get the truck stuck. We managed to get the truck un-stuck and made it back home but man what a morning, would have been nice to have gotten the bird but thats why its hunting and not killing im just glad i get to share my passion with the one i love and im glad she enjoys it to. I hope you guys have a little better luck and be safe

2. Hoyt 'N' It

Hoyt 'N' It Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    This is where memories and stories come from...good luck to ya next time!

3. BowFreak

BowFreak Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck out there guys. Get after it!

4. Indiana Hunter

Indiana Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thats awesome! Good luck to you the rest of the season.

5. Outdrdave

Outdrdave Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds like a good time. Good luck out there.

dave