Illinois Gov wants to ban assault rifles

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by dprsdhunter, Jul 31, 2012.

1. dprsdhunter

dprsdhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  2. 2 Lunger

2 Lunger Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Like we didn't see that coming from that liberal goon. I'm sure Obama is smiling ear to ear after he hung up the phone with Quinn. I wish we could divide this state in two.

3. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I work for the state and wish we could have elected an OPEN Gov seat and get rid of a lot of the staff in Springfield! I know there are a lot of spots that are made for buddies so they can have good jobs. I say X them out with all the bad apples there. Oh wait lets give ourselves raises down here and then take money from the real workers of Illinois! Clean them out and start from scratch! I dont give a rats hoot about any party. They are all bad in one way or others! Leave the prisons open and give back to the state of what you put in your pocket "Springfield Staff"! You all make way to much anyhow! To make this state fair Chicago should be its own state and not all Chicago-ans are bad because my brother lives up there so I know there are great people up there.

4. Rancid Crabtree

Rancid Crabtree Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I wonder what party he represents?

5. IHB?

IHB? Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I dont like any weapons ban. I like it even less when they say something vague like assault weapons.

Leaves to much interpretaion room. Especially with chicago (the real capitol) politics.

Sorry for the spelling. Illinois public schools....lol.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

6. dukemichaels

dukemichaels Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  7. dukemichaels

dukemichaels Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'll even include a link to a "reliable" news source.

http://foxfacts.foxnews.mobi/quickPage.html?page=24082&content=76846187

Best thing about this page.. they actually use it as a selling point for Romney.

Too funny!

8. John Galt

John Galt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I don't think the people that live in Massachusetts should have guns either.

9. SOIL hunter

SOIL hunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    EXACTLY!!!

So, if I have a Rock River AR15 platform rifle that I use exclusively as a hunting/target rifle, is it an assault rifle because it LOOKS scary?

10. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Way to blame someone else for your mistakes, you liberal:lol:

11. John Galt

John Galt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Pay the teachers more and we will get better teachers, and that in turn will put the spell check people otta work. Its a dog eat dog world out there.

12. Christine

Christine Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ful...eId=SB&LegID=55510&DocNum=681&GAID=11&Session=

July 31, 2012

To the Honorable Members of the Illinois Senate
    97[SUP]th[/SUP] General Assembly

Pursuant to my constitutional powers as Governor of the State of Illinois, I hereby return [AKA, gut and kill] Senate Bill 681 with specific recommendations for change. In doing so, I propose to ban assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition magazines in our state.

As Governor, it is my foremost duty to protect the citizens of Illinois, especially our children, from deadly violence.

I am a strong supporter of the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution– the right to bear arms.
    [cough... bullch!t!!!]

However, the proliferation of military-style assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition magazines undermines public safety and the right of personal security of every citizen.

Right now, anyone with a FOID card in Illinois is permitted by law to purchase an assault weapon. Illinois also does not impose any restrictions on the purchase or possession of high-capacity ammunition magazines, which automatically feed ammunition into a firearm chamber to allow the user to fire repeatedly without reloading.

Banning assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition magazines will make Illinois a safer place to live.
    [Really? Then explain the not-safer and high murder rate in Chicago/Cook Co., where they have an 'assault' weapon and high capacity magazine ban.]

Other states including California, Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey and New York all have such bans in place. The ban would not pertain to law enforcement officials or members of the military.
    [If we are following what other states do... then why is IL the only state with no concealed carry?]

There is no place in the State of Illinois for weapons designed to rapidly fire at human targets at close range.
    ['Cept for your security detail, right?]

My action today gives the members of the General Assembly an immediate opportunity to protect the people of Illinois by banning assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition magazines.

Sincerely,
    PAT [d*****bag] QUINN
    Governor

MOLON LABE!

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  13. 2 Lunger

2 Lunger Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Christine, your editing is spot on. I'm not bashing the democratic party (oh, who am I kidding? I am.), but I, for the life of me, can not figure out their mindset as to why they think gun control makes a state or nation safer. I would really like to hear an explaination from a democrat on this forum. Maybe the can dummy it down for me to where I understand. If gun control makes a place safer then I should have no problem walking the southside at say 2am tomorrow morning, right?

14. NEW61375

NEW61375 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
  15. brucelanthier

brucelanthier Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  16. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It's kind of like trickle down theory, just keep stating it works and enough people will believe it.

Banning a weapon on looks is just ignorant.