Illinois Baiting Laws

Discussion in 'Food Plots & Habitat Improvement' started by frenchbritt123, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Hold the phone....

Does this say food lots in Illinois are ILLEGAL for harvesting deer over?!?

2. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Not seeing it brother

3. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    We've already tried this conversation last fall so I'm not really interested in having another. But my question to this ststement would be do you think that's not already happening. While I totally agree if disease is present baiting should be regulated but we haven't had any bogger of a outbreak then any other state that allows baiting, disease spread doesn't reconize state lines and neither do deer. Also what about minerals put out for livestock? While they aren't specifically made for deer persay you can go to any beef or dairy cattle farm and there's salt blocks and 100 # mineral tubes. Do you honestly think deer don't take advantage of that, but ots not considered illegal because its for agricultural purposes and deemed ok by DNR. And before its broght up yes cattle and deer mingle with one or another, the farm I hunt has 120 head of beef cows and no shortage of deer even withing the same pasture.

Again I have no interest in goin back and fourth again, jus curious how something that has a picture of a deer on it and somethimg different with a cow on it different in the way it spreads these diseases associated with deer. Should we outlaw them as well.

4. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If you don't want to have the discussion, why did you chime in with this ridiculous post???? I can't believe anyone, would come on a hunting forum full of ethical hunters, and try to justify why they break game laws????
    Amazing!

5. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not justifying nothing, I asked a simple question. I guess its better for ethical hunters to resort to calling someone a jackass for not agreeing with you. At least thats how I recsll it ending. Guess you can't answer a question, or maybe you jus look for people to argue with you.

6. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:
    I simply asked, since you brought it up, why if disease transfer is so prevalent why isn't ag use minerals regulated? By the back and fourth I meant wasn't gonna argue. But I guess asking a question to you is a open door argument.

7. Pearce92

Pearce92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    easy bud, not one person said you or any other person should break the law? we are just descusing and debating the laws in place for baiting in illinois. just like ppl that discuss and debate other topics on forums like the CC law in illinois (before we was gonna get it) people had very good reasons to carry but did not break the law by doing it. same here, i have brought up good points to why minerals and other nutritional suplements should be a choice to use but i dont.

im always up for a friendly debate but this is becoming a little unfriendly. lets try not to get all worked up lol

8. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:
    Ha ha this'll be good.

9. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Don't back-peddle now boys. Both of you have talked about how you use minerals or corn to get pictures. Do I have to go find the threads? I didn't answer your questions, because frankly, they're stupid.
    One talking about using minerals so the deer can fight off EHD, ridiculous.
    The other talking about cattle. From the regs, livestock operations get a pass, YOU DON'T.
    And for the record, I didn't call you a jack-***, I called you a dumb-*** :tu:

10. Pearce92

Pearce92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    true i did use corn to get pictures and in that thread i talked about how it was un ethical to hunt over them and have smartened up sence then and stoped.

but now our arguments are not stupid in any way we both make valid points and why cant deer be healthy enough that they dont catch desieses? can a human be healthy enough that he or she not get the flu?

and you never come up with a valid argument about the livestock minerals that deer use? all you did was make fun of him?

so now what do you have to day for yourself?

11. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:
    Where did I say with livestock you get a pass, I stated what the law says and aksed what's the difference. Who back peddling. I openly admitted everything your the only one that got bent out of shape becsuse I wouldnt continue to argue, and apparently you can't except that, god forbid, some one admitts illegal activity or take responsibility for it if caught.

I guess I shouldn't of responded because I think your theory that ehd is spred from a pile of corn is stupid, and we don't respond to things we feel are stupid.

12. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:
    Its fine really, already alrady went around this block. If you make a valid statment it jus stupid or because illigal doesn't validate a valid response. Trying to have a legitimate conversation is hopeless.

13. Pearce92

Pearce92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    lol dont ya like it when someone brings out the "well thats just stupid" card when they dont have a valid argument haha

14. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:
    Yea oh well, some people get off on arguing. Its like everythimg these days there's people on the far opposite sides of any topic and choose not to listen to any other ideas or theories. Most of the time I try to be closer to the middle and see aspects of both sides. Your brought up the illinois carry site and there's hundreds of expamples on there and with the over all topic.

15. Fuzz_27

Fuzz_27 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I find it funny how one gets their panties in such a bunch.

@FEB
    Chill bro. No need to get hostile. I thought we were all adults.

Anyways, i see where jrk_indle84 is comin from. You mean to tell me that the farmer who owns it may or may not put said mineral block a little farther out in the pasture. Say near the treeline.....Well then said farmer an "buddies" go an hunt this farm in an around said mineral block site. Please, i will GUARANTEE it happens an no matter what any one says is right or wrong ethical or unethical its gonna continue to happen. As for the OP i wouldnt push your luck bud, id rather sit an never see a deer all season then take a chance an end up fined an/or losing huntin privellages. Not sure on your laws exactly but every year i read ours an know them fairly well. Be smart

16. PSEREVENGEMAN

PSEREVENGEMAN Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Mineral/ bait is illegal. If it was legal I would still rather have a great foodplot vs. some magic BOB pixie dust. Plant something other then corn/soybeans. I do Winter rye/Rape/Ptt mix (60/5/2/lbs/acre) it attracts deer from 8/1 till 5/1, it's legal and cheap to plant, easy to work. I also do 4600 lineal feet of a pumpkin strip in the middle of each foodplot.

17. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:
    Jus out of curiosity, what's the pumpkin for. Just never heard of anyone using that.

18. Pearce92

Pearce92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    in southern illinois we have some farmers that are setting out corn and soybean fields to plant pumpkins and i have noticed that when the tractors push the pumkins in rows and load them in the trucks some bust and you will see deer out there all night eating the inside of the busted pumkins.

19. PSEREVENGEMAN

PSEREVENGEMAN Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The deer go ape on them. Once they turn orange say 10/5 they hammer them with hoofs then chomp down. I have roughly 2,000 basketball size pumpkins and by turkey day you will not find one piece of orange left. Plant in May, have to spray cayenne capsium spray every 5 days till the vine flowers. I buy 1/2 lb. of large variety seed, planted 20 feet apart with a hoe, 6 seeds/pod.

20. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:
    I see didn't really think they'd mess with them I guess, at least not the pumpkins themselves.