I'll never buy another Stealth Cam Product

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by PABuck_HNTR, Oct 18, 2012.

1. PABuck_HNTR

PABuck_HNTR Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It all started around 7 weeks ago. I checked my camera that was out for 2 weeks and found it was dead. I figured maybe the batteries died so I pulled it and brought it home.

I found that it was not working properly due to the green LED test light staying on continuously. i called Stealth Cam and talked to a very nice young lady.She was very pleasant and told me how to do a reset on the camera. I told her I'd try it. She said to call back and let her know if it didn't work.

Well it didn't do a thing... I called back 2 days later and went through the whole story again with another CS rep. He said it was probably the cards I was using...(always the case with camera companies it seems).

Anyway I told him I'd been using the cards for 4 months and they worked fine. Then he told me to try the reset again. I did...Again it didn't work...Soooo I called back again and got to talk to the original girl from the first call. She gave me an RA number and told me how and where to send it. Packaged it up and sent it in....

Oh also they told me they didn't have an Archers Choice Camera to replace mine so would I settle for another model. I agreed. Wasn't happy, but if they don't have them what do you do?

Anyway they received my camera on Sept 17 and I still haven't got my replacement. I called and yet another girl who was rude this time said that it usually takes 3-5 weeks to get a replacement out. I asked if they had the model in stock they were sending and she said yes...

I'm sorry ,but 4 weeks now and could be another week or more is unacceptable to me. I will never buy another product of theirs. In my opinion if it takes that much time and they are that busy with returns it tells me their products must be junk....

Thanks for letting me rant...

2. tburgee

tburgee Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i did the same thing with a cell phone. I will never buy another Motorola! sorry to hear about all your troubles.

3. gutone4me

gutone4me Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Not true at the camera company I know.

4. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    A few years ago i had a base model stealth cam when the digital's first started getting popular.

They replaced it for me 7 times before i finally just threw it away.

5. abates352

abates352 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i will stick with moutrie

6. achristians

achristians Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have had stealth cams and always had problems with them and poor custemer service also.all I use are coverts and moultrie I think both are great cameras but covert has a better custemer service dept.The cameras are relible enough you usally dont have to deal with the CS dept much

7. Dunn County

Dunn County Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I use covert, but I got a Stealth Cam as a gift last year and it malfunctioned earlier this year. So I called them and they said they would replace it; would only take 2 weeks from then they receive it so I figured 3 weeks tops. Its been 6 weeks now. Frustrating.

8. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    From the day I contacted Covert about a problem with a cam I had, I had a replacement in hand 2 days later.

9. montec

montec Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I own a few different Brands and for the $$$ Bushnell Trophy cams are hard to beat,I've never had a defective one. I have a Reconyx HC 600 and it's in a class by itself.STAY AWAY FROM WILDGAME INNOVATIONS,they are plagued with washout problems.

10. gutone4me

gutone4me Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Price class yes.:sheep:

11. bowsie15

bowsie15 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good to know I hate bad customer service!!!!

12. pick00l

pick00l Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My first Bushnell crapped the bed right before the expiration period and was hardly used. They replaced it with the top of the line model a few weeks later. Could not have been happier with their customer service.

13. Carl77

Carl77 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    never had problems with my WGI's

14. Chiro_Archer

Chiro_Archer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry to hear that man, another one you may wanna look into is Spypoint, just got one over the summer and I love it, great picture, and awesome battery life!

15. Treehopper

Treehopper Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That is grerat to know.

16. scoot12

scoot12 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have the stealth cam i890 white flash cam and love it, it is the one cam that gets pretty good reviews, I puchased at trailcampro.com and it has a slow trigger speed but night and day pics are awesome. I have mine going on three years and has taken about seven thousand pics with no problems, I don't think they make this cam anymore but I am impressed with it. It is my third favorite cam behind my reconyx and little acorn and it cost $120. Scoot

17. jmbuckhunter

jmbuckhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm with you on the Stealthcams. They have some serious problems. The batteries in my Unit only last about 2 weeks and dead.

18. KyleLewis

KyleLewis Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Im returning my Stealth cam soon. Havent had a chance to get down to Cabelas. Stupid thing took ZERO pictures and there was fresh sign right in front of it!

19. Pa.Mathews

Pa.Mathews Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I've had pretty good luck with StealthCams. I tried Cuddeback, NEVER AGAIN, nothing but problems and their customer service STINKS !!

20. brian923

brian923 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    my stealh cam has never taken a picture of a full deer. i have it set to its highest setting to take burst shots and all i get is one pic of a tail (if im lucky) and 9 more of nothing. ive tried every setting possible and just cant get a pic of a deer to save my life! the triggers are ridiculously slow. the pics are nice quality, but i have tons of pics of trees and grass. ill never have another stealth product either.