IL DNR Official GONE!

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by jfergus7, Feb 16, 2014.

1. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  2. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    What a scumbag. He should be prosecuted and have to pay back all that salary!

3. Christine

Christine Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Clearly, people knew about this in the office.... it took some peon to tip off a reporter to get something done about it. He'll probably still get benefits. (Your tax dollars)

Tell me again about how we need to treat these guys with the utmost respect?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

4. tfarah22

tfarah22 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It's sad to see such a lack of integrity. But that is normal now days. Do as little as possible and expect a lot of money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Not really surprising. But honestly its no different in than any other person in any other job racking up personnel or sick days and using them up. He just got caught.

6. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    How is it ever okay to cheat an employer like that? Sick days are clearly defined. To use them otherwise is to take advantage of your employer. If I had an employee abuse them, they would be fired. I'm sure that is true with most employers. 45 sick days in a row, without so much as a doctors appointment! You cant defend that.

7. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not saying taking 45 days straight is ok but to say everyone that takes a sick day here and there are actually sick is kinda far fetched.
    You really wouldn't like what happens to accumalated leave days when getting out of military. When I got out I got paid for 60 days of work that I never worked. I just never took leave and that was the maximum amount you could rack up and get paid for. At one time I had 110 days which there was no way you. Could use up that much time.

8. ERICWEST

ERICWEST Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yup scumbag, i would kill to have a job as a DNR officer. Unfortunately some people who enforce the law have the mentality that they are above the law, which just drives me nuts, anyway i guess you can't fix stupid.

9. rsf31tmp

rsf31tmp Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    In the State of Illinois, Government has been run this way a long time. If you have a connection and you are owed a favor and you voted for the right guy, you could be set for life. As a teacher in Illinois, this is how we lost (or are losing) or pension. The old Governor, appointed a friend to be head of the TRS or Teachers Retirement System. His bad investments/management blew our pensions. Now, my paycheck goes to paying back what he lost, plus what he lost for the TRS administrators, plus an accelerant to catch everything up (but it never will). So I keep paying and it will all be gone by the time I want to retire. Thanks goes out to the employee who spoke up and Fox for telling the truth.

10. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Most people would not abuse it to that level. To me, that's how its different than normal situations. The military and private sector are two different animals. I have no problem with your military example at all. I would guess the DNR officer would also be able to collect on a certain number of his sick days when he RETIRED. But, being actively employed is far different than taking a retirement benefit. I'm glad he got what he deserved.

11. rsf31tmp

rsf31tmp Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    How can anyone make $92,000 in a year and take half of May off for vacation and then only work 7 hours all summer? 44 straight sick days while on the road fishing? Then another 9 days off without pay and still made $92,000? Yet most from Illinois on this site have only negative views of our state's DNR

Randy Hawkins is the Lake Sangchris State Park Superintendent and he does an awesome job. Why can other do the same? This is pathetic!

12. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:
    I agree most would not, but most places have a "use it or lose it" policy with personal or sick days and a employer that would let 45 sick days to be accumulated is asking for the system to be abused. Look how the rest of our state goverment is ran in Illinois and this story is really not surprising. I'd be fairly certain in saying that this wasn't a secret of what was goin on when this guy wasn't showing up to work. I doubt he called in every day or week and was like "cough, cough I'm still sick." But apparently somebody, rightfully so, stood up and called this guy out.

I mean hell we had a representative or whatever he is, Jesse Jackson Jr, not show up for work for like three months and then show up goin to rehab and mental health facility and not losr his job, nothing is surprising in this state.