Ice Breakers Insulated Overblanket Boot

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by rknierim, Jan 6, 2013.

1. rknierim

rknierim Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The toughest thing I deal with (other than getting a monster within range) when hunting is cold feet. I've lost a lot of time in stand due to cold feet. I've tried different boots, several types of wamers, etc. Always the same outcome... feet so cold they HURT. I read the reviews on these and the Arctic Shield boot covers. Both had great reviews online. These were on sale for about $20 less, so that was the deciding factor.
    They are quite bulky. Huge, in fact. They have a strap with snaps that you can attach to your belt or pack or whatever. I just rolled mine up and stuffed them into my backpack. Most reviews said it's better to not wear them walking so as to not tear them on something. I got to the stand, climbed up, and put them on. I put a boot warmer in (as suggested) and proceeded to get my hunt started. At one point thru the day, I even realized that my feet were probably the warmest part of my body! Unbelievable! Money well spent. I would recommend these to ANYONE that has a problem with cold feet in the stand.
    As I said, they are quite bulky. Takes a little getting used to moving in the stand with them on. The Arctic Shield boot covers are smaller, or thinner, and have about the same good reviews. Can't say for myself, being I only tried these. I wouldn't change these for the world, tho! Hope this helps out anyone that suffers cold feet and has been looking for an alternative. You won't be disappointed if you get the Ice Breakers :D

Rob

2. The Old Man

The Old Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I wear Lacrosse Ice Kings and they are VERY warm even on the lake at -10* . Their draw back is they are big and soft like a bag of marshmallows. That makes them tough to walk in very much. I'd like to try a pair of the boot blankets for sitting in the stand. Are they noisy or is the bulk of them cumbersome when you move your feet around?

3. rknierim

rknierim Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I had to lift my feet up to reposition. They aren't terribly noisy, but don't think I would chance sliding them around with deer too close. They are bulky enough that I had to get used to how to move my feet to not get caught on stand supports. Wasn't that big a deal tho really. I'm used to where they are for my regular boots, just had to watch a few times to adjust. All-in-all, I am super happy with them tho. For me, they are worth any adjusting I have to do. My feet would always be cold within an hour of getting on stand. Painful after about 3 hours. I sat for 6 hrs yesterday and they were toasty warm the whole time :D

4. Ben Fairey

Ben Fairey Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have some but found them very noisy. Wonder if I wash them a bunch that they would soten and not be so loud?