IBowSight

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by ARCHER_CHI_RHO, Oct 24, 2014.

1. ARCHER_CHI_RHO

ARCHER_CHI_RHO Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    IBowSight

Interesting, but I can't imagine that it'd be legal to use in too many states.

2. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Lol...no...just no.

Looks too big, like arrow clearance would be a big issue not to mention weight and it breaks the K.I.S.S. rule about 1500 times.

How long will it be before it's applied to a specialized platform away from an actual phone. Some features of it look pretty cool but my phone puked and died just from the power consumption of watching the vid, :lol:

3. ARCHER_CHI_RHO

Dislikes Received:
    haha

I hear ya.

i think it's interesting still though. technology has permeated our lives to the point that i have to willfully remember to leave my phone in the truck, so i can be free to just concentrate on the great outdoors.

i'm no luddite by any stretch of the imagination, but it's interesting that tech is just an everyday thing.

4. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That is really interesting. Seems pretty functional until it rains and you don't have a water proof case, or you get a text or call from you buddy while at full draw! I don't think his app will override the incoming call function.

5. Hillbilly Jedi

Dislikes Received:
    Looks outdated already after looking into it further. They only mention using an iPhone 4 or 4S; nothing about a bracket for iPhone 5 or 6. I can't even find the app in the app store to play with and nothing about the bracket adjusting for different phone cases such as the LifeProof case I have which would be needed for wet weather.

I sent them some questions so we'll see if they get back to me but.... from what I saw on the web site, they already have some catching up to do with the new phone sizes. Not to mention the bracket alone is $120. I don't really see this as an option even for techie hunters.

6. Hillbilly Jedi

Dislikes Received:
    Well here ya go.... answers to some questions...

I asked about mounting your phone with a weather resistant case.... (no kidding. A rifle scope is already weather resistant)
    1) No, that will not work. Can you imagine you put a case for your rifle scope and try to mount it with the case on the ring? It need 0.0015” accuracy. It is a sight! How far off do you want your pin to be everytime you mount your iPhone 4S on it? We work with companies like Liquipel the Alternative to a Waterproof Phone Case so your phone is actually water proof without a case.

I asked about incoming calls...
    2) ibowsight do not block call, and you can actually use the sight and do text and talk at the same time, it support Siri and blue tooth. It is a truly multi tasking app. You can sure turn your phone in airplane mode if you want to block calls

I asked if it will work with iPhone 5 or 6...
    3) There will be no iBowisght to be use with iPhone 5 or 6. iPhone 4 only as it is the ONLY phone in the entire world that has a stainless band with which you can mount a phone confidently with +/0 0.0015” for over 1500 insertion. And with iPhone 5 and 6, try to put your phone lens on exactly where your 20 yard pin is and you will notice that there is no room left for the arrow. iPhone 4 is about as tall a phone as it is possible unless a periscope system is developed to move the lens position away form the upper right corner.

I told him a rifle scope is already weather resistant, and a phone is not. I also told him good luck since the iPhone design has already out dated his app by about 2 years.

7. CThorn

CThorn Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    What the.... That's one of the weirdest things I have ever seen in my life hahah. Better charge your phone before going out!

8. ARCHER_CHI_RHO

Dislikes Received:
    Wow...interesting response...I can't imagine that it's a popular product