I thought it was poor hunter etiquette?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by StringPuller#1, Nov 26, 2014.

1. r0scoe

r0scoe Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I figured i'd just tie it to the bumper and drag it down the road :jaw:

2. MichiHunter

MichiHunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I think "Technically" the bung hole is still in the woods somewhere. :D

3. selfbros

selfbros Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I tie it down to my hitch carrier as well. I'll at least have the chest facing the bumper. If it offends anyone on my ride home, then so be it. "Those types" are probably equally offended by my large gas guzzling Tahoe, or the beer in my hand, as I wave when they pass.:poke::poke:

4. 130Woodman

130Woodman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

I don't care about the deer, one it's a Ford two there's no Bowhunting.com stickers and three it's not even a cool Ford

5. MichiHunter

MichiHunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Clearly, you don't know a cool ford when you see one. LOL.

6. llbts1

llbts1 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    LOL!!!

7. OHbowhunter

OHbowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I drove 10 hours from Missouri to Ohio through 2 big cities with my Missouri buck on a hitch carrier on the back of my truck. I didn't wrap it, there was no visible blood and the cavity was closed due to it being tied down. In that trip I had zero negative reactions and only positive ones. I wasn't "parading" it around, I was simply transporting it from point A to point B by the means I had available. I would have preferred to have it in the back of my rig but it was packed full of my sons and I gear. Its sad we have to drive around worrying about who we may offend.

8. frantic29

frantic29 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My girlfriend and I had this conversation when I shot my buck this year. She thought I should wrap it to avoid offending people. First off for me I didn't have anything to wrap it with and secondly I am firmly a believer that people need to get over themselves. Do I want to offend people? No not all, but I also don't feel I should have to through extra work of covering something up just because it may offend some people. I see the arguments of advancing the hunting agenda and keeping it from kids so parents don't have the conversation. I get it I really do. But you have to have the conversation sooner or later if I am the one that causes it so be it I'm not going to apologize for it and I'm not going through even more work just so you don't have to talk to your kid.

9. iHunt

iHunt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I just throw it in the bed of my truck, I don't even think twice about what others will think if they happen to see it. I have even tied a doe on the back rack of my 4 wheeler and driven home, about 1.5 miles on the paved county road. Just smile and wave boys, just smile and wave

10. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah Yeah......... My Explorer is :dan: than Dan himself. My wife drives it 95%. You know what I drive day to day? A 2004 Honda Accord. :lol:

11. thirdhandman

thirdhandman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Some of the biggest bucks in the world live in gated communities. We have a couple gated communities in the Cincinnati area that have some of the best hunting available. There are anti hunters in this community that haven't yet figured out we are hunting. If they did find out they would cause enough trouble throughout the gated community, we will lose our hunting privileges. You can bet your azz you will not hunt there exposing deer like some above post.
    My keeping deer covered out of sight, gets me into, and helps keep me in some great hunting spots. I share pictures with my hunting friends. Everybody is happy.

12. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Don't feel bad about the accord, when my kids were young I drove a chevy lumina minivan. That was a kick in the manhood I would never want to relive.

13. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I plan on making venison loin for a nice couple that live in the gated community just on the other side of my fence, in exchange I will be placing a trail camera on their land. Under one condition that I don't tell others about the trail camera in the neighborhood. They are not anti hunters at all they just don't want to deal with the tree hugging dirt worshipers. Funny thing in the community half the people complain about the deer, because of deer ticks, and the other half feed the deer. Then again these are all people who lived in the city and moved out to a gated community in the country and tried to make it snobby.

14. 130Woodman

130Woodman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYAhFkjCo90

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  15. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah I got a Tahoe after that, same frame and engine as the H2.In my defense when I was driving my Lumina I had my 1975 IH Scout with a 345 with a 4 barrel carb parked in my garage.:lol:

16. llbts1

llbts1 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thank God for Texas