I Need advice please help!

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by mottoman112, Apr 20, 2016.

1. mottoman112

mottoman112 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hi everyone. I am 14 and my dad is making me pay for all of my own hunting stuff. This will be my first year hunting and I just got permission to hunt a really good 120 acre area. But I have my stands, now I just need a way to get into them. I decide not to go with climbing sticks and instead am looking into a tree ladder. I guide gear ladder. It is not very expensive and looks good and has fairly decent review, I just want to make sure I am not putting myself in harms way. Any advice on the matter is helpful. Thank you!

LINK TO THE LADDER - Guide Gear 20' Tree Ladder - 177434, Climbing Sticks & Tree Steps at Sportsman's Guide

2. ybohunt

ybohunt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like those are fairly good quality for $50.

FYI I'm 15 and I pay for my hunting gear also.

3. Jeepwillys

Jeepwillys Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I use ladders also. I've been slowly collecting them. So that now I have several locations on the property I can move to without moving sticks around. Good on your Dad for making earn your own stuff.

4. Thwackthwackthwack

Thwackthwackthwack Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I always throw on a few extra clinch straps just to be on the safe side. I prefer the ladders over climbing sticks as well. Good on you for making your own way. Good Luck!

5. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'd say they are fine. Just make sure it's secure to the tree and you should be good. Doesn't look quick to take down or put up so as long as you don't have to move it very often I'd say they are fine. The only way you could get cheaper is some 2x4's and 5 inch wood screws. (JK, I'm not really recommending that)

6. Hoytxhunter

Hoytxhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I didn't look at the links. I don't use tree stands where I hunt. I just want to say I am impressed that, for your age, you are paying for your gear. I commend you and your parents. Keep up the good work.

On a side note, I can't even get on a 20 plot of land, how the heck is a 14 yo getting 120. lol Good work and take care of what you got.

7. mottoman112

mottoman112 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well I didn't realise that he owned 120 acres, I thought it was like 50. So yeah I was pretty excited to. He is an older gentleman and doesn't hunt and he is my neighbor also. Thanks everyone for the feedback. I changed my mine and I am getting a set of climbing sticks instead.