I love the Pre Rut!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Sliverflicker, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Sliverflicker

Sliverflicker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    All day long!
    I have seen one buck cross a road all year from here to town, yesterday just after dark I had to make me a milk run and had to stop and let 2 shooters in differnt spots cross the road.
    There will be more big bucks (including bucks no one has ever seen befor) seen in the next 14 days than the rest of the season.
    I remember when I lived here befor, One year I had seen 3 Bucks in the month of Oct while hunting, I seen over 20 the first 10 days of November!

I still have a doe tag to fill in Kansas, but I got to tell ya, I am going crazy thinking about how I can swing a way to be sitting in a stand overlooking a scrape line in a funnel on a frosty morning in Kentucky next week.

2. Hoyt 'N' It

Hoyt 'N' It Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    It's always nice knowing you have one great buck under your belt early in the season, it not only boost your confidence level buck gives you relief as well. It makes you want to hunt that much harder to get it done again. Congrats on your kansas buck again John and good luck in kentucky! I'm hoping to put another giant down in Illinois in the near future.

3. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    While driving down a country road near one of my stands I saw a nice 8 pointer running around like it is Nov 10 in the middle of a field in broad daylight. It was cool because we got to pull over and let my three year old watch this huge deer run around just like on TV. It sure got my blood pumping. :rock:

4. dmen

dmen Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I am leaving tomorrow for Kansas, my buddy started hunting today and said he saw 8 bucks this morning, including two shooters.

5. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    they are chasing now fer sure ..... the young bucks have broken up .. there are scrapes getting HAMMERED ,,,, it's on ,,, I see deer in the field in the middle of the day while driving ... in NY ... it's on :)

6. Sliverflicker

Dislikes Received:
    Don't know if I can go yet Ryan but good luck to you in Illinois.

I know what you mean Brad , I loved watching them in the fields with the kids when they were young.

dmen, good luck in Kansas. Sounds like a good spot, I had not seen 8 bucks since season started!
    If your hunting anywhere near Junction City or Manhatton , shoot me a PM.

7. Sliverflicker

Dislikes Received:
    Why PT, you sound a little excited I must say!

8. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Had two spikes chase a doe past my stand last night. They got in a little posturing match after the doe ran off. I busted out laughing as the two "circled right" for minutes right in front of me. I am gonna be hunting what I think is a good spot tomorrow from sun-up to noon. I really hope I see some action as I am hunting a mini scrape line on topography that kind of transitions one section of the big woods to the next.

9. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck Brett. At least you are seeing deer. My arrow would of flown long ago if I was you. Keep at it.

10. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    LOL John .... I am! I have 3 more tags I can fill with my bow ... and I plan on doing just that ... got tomorrow and all next week off ..... :woot:

11. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Brad. I had two doe come by at 20 yards tonight. I could not get off a shot. I really think the spot in the morning is going to be dynamite. All of the areas I wanted to hunt on base are closed down. I was really excited about the possibility of hunting some of my great spots tomorrow, but I had to settle for an old stand by spot. GOOD luck to you this weekend Brad.

GO PT!